Chapter 5

Catra woke up the next morning, Adora slept peacefully besides her. She decided to just leave it at that, she might see Adora again to talk about everything that happened. But for now, she really had to go home.

She left Adora there, on the couch. She knew it was okay though. Adora was 100% safe with Netossa and Spinnerella, they were really good people.

Catra knew all this when she walked out the door. A part of her wanted to stay with Adora, but honestly, she barely knew her.
———————
Adora woke up only a few minutes later. She felt awful, her head hurt a lot. She slowly sat up with a groan.
She definitely had a hangover. Her parents would NOT be happy about it. She barely remembered what happened last night, only a few vague things.

She remembered being with a few people, getting drunk, suddenly being alone. After that... a man, a creepy man.
He wasn't good, he was scary. She barely remembers it though, she remembers being dragged outside, she remembers Catra.

Catra.

Catra saved her.

Where was she? She was here last night. Adora promised herself to make sure to find Catra and thank her at school.
Spinnerella walked down the stairs and went into the living room. "Hey, I see that your awake" she said.

Adora asked where she was, to which Spinnerella replied that they were in her and Netossa's place.

"Okay, I'll probably be heading out soon, my parents are probably really worried" Adora said. She felt bad for Razz, who probably didn't understand where Adora suddenly was.

She also felt bad for Mara. Mara had always been a little over protective of Adora. She knew that she wouldn't like it if she didn't come home.

Adora checked her phone which was in her back pocket. To her annoyance it had a crack in her screen. She would definitely get shit about that later.

An other thing that came as a shock was the sheer amount of unread text messages.

Chat: Best Friend Squad :)

Glimmer: Adora did you get home safely?
11:24 PM, yesterday.

Bow: Adora, are you okay??
11:37 PM, yesterday.

Bow: ADORA
11:44 PM, yesterday.

Glimmer: Adora please reply, Mara just texted us asking where you are. Where are you??
11:57 PM, yesterday.

Glimmer: we're really worried. Mara is driving around searching for you right now. Please reply.
00:12 AM.

Bow: Adora we're all really worried about you, please reply or at least read our messages. Please, please be okay.
00:33 AM.

Bow: Mara just got back. Where are you????
00:52 AM.

Glimmer: ADORA
01:07 AM.

That was all for the best friend squad. Adora felt bad for making them so worried, she shouldn't have been so stupid. Adora also knew that Mara would probably be furious with her. She read all Mara's messages.

Chat: Mara

Adora it's pretty late, where are you?
9:12 PM, yesterday.

It's really dark now. I don't want you walking home, text me where you are so I can pick you up.
9:37 PM, yesterday.

Adora??
9:40 PM, yesterday.

Please, where are you?
10:03 PM, yesterday.

It's getting really late now, please tell me where you are.
10:23 PM, yesterday.

Adora did something happen? Are you okay? This isn't like you.
10:46 PM, yesterday.

I'm getting worried here, you better reply right now.
11:12 PM, yesterday.

I just texted Bow and Glimmer. You better be with them.
11:45 PM, yesterday.

ADORA WHERE ARE YOU
11:57 PM, yesterday.

Please Adora, if you're upset about anything. It's all okay, just please. Get home, let me pick you up.
00:07 AM

I'm going to look for you now, please be okay.
00:11 AM

Adora please, where are you?
00:37 AM

I can't find you anywhere, I'm really worried about you. If you see this, please text me where you are and I'll be there as fast as possible. It doesn't matter when or where.
00:53 AM

Please be safe
00:54 AM

Adora read all the messages and felt a pang of guilt. Mara was really worried and probably really angry too. God, she really messed up.

Adora immediately texted Mara, not wanting her to feel worried anymore.

I'm at someone's house. I'm safe right now. Something did happen but they let me stay the night because I was too drunk to reply. I'm so sorry Mara, please forgive me.
9:18 AM

Mara immediately read it and texted back "Address?". Adora obviously immediately gave her to address before receiving the text "I'm going to pick you up right now".

Adora told Spinnerella that her sister was on her way to pick her up. Spinnerella was really nice about it and told Netossa.

About 3 minutes later, Mara stood for the door. She definitely broke some laws driving there so fast. Adora opened the door for her.

The second Mara saw Adora she pulled her in for a hug. Adora almost couldn't process it since it was so fast. "I'm so glad you're okay." Mara said while hugging Adora closer to her than ever.

"Its okay Mara, I'm okay" Adora said, trying to calm her down a bit.

Mara still held on to Adora as she walked into her house. "Is anyone here?" Mara asked. At the sound of a new voice Netossa rushed to them.

"Hey you must be Mara!" Netossa said. "Yeah I am, can I give you my number? I really want to take Adora home right now but I wanna make sure that you guys at least have my number, if anything ever happens again".

"I understand that, drive safely" Netossa said while taking Mara's phone number. Mara led Adora to the car while placing a hand on her back. She opened the door for her and got in herself.

They started driving in silence before Mara made a wrong turn. "Uhm Mara, your're supposed to go left here" Adora said.

"I know, I first wanna talk to you" Mara said. She drove a little further before pulling over near a forest.

She stopped the car before placing a hand on Adora's knee. "What happened? Honey, you can tell me" Mara said softly.

Adora looked straight ahead for a while. She tried not to cry, but tears were forming in her eyes as she remembered everything that happened last night.

"Oh c'mere" Mara said as she pulled Adora in for another hug. Adora let her head fall against Mara's shoulder as she sobbed.

"I was so scared" Adora sobbed. Mara just shushed her and rubbed her back. "Hey it's okay, I'm not angry with you" she said.

They sat there for a while until Adora had calmed down. When she did, she told her everything. From drinking with friends, to being alone, to creepy guy, to Catra.

After she had told her everything, Mara started actually driving home. It was silent for a while, Mara was still processing everything that happened.

"I forgot to tell you something. Please don't be mad, I also cracked my screen sometime during the night" Adora said, looking at her hands.

"You're joking right?" Mara asked, shocked that after all of that, Adora thought she would still be angry with her.

"Adora, I'm not going to be angry with you just because you broke you're screen. I'm not really angry with you, but for the record: you're still in trouble for drinking at your age" Mara said in her lecture voice.

"I know, I'll never do it again. I promise." Adora said. "I wish I could believe you" Mara chuckled. They finally got back home and went inside.