Chapter 2

"Hmmm, nice" she says for the umpteenth time as she reads something on her phone. I'm never really interested in anything my mum does. Just wanted her to keep it down with the occasional 'wow' and 'interesting' she kept mumbling under her breath.

"Ada, you know Henry's mum right?"

Finally she speaks up. I wonder where this is going.

"Yeah I guess"

"Well she's taking him to this art school for the meantime he'll be at home. It's serious. I mean, unlike Henry, you actually have talent. Henry's mum is just forcing him to go" as she lets out a rather pleasing laugh. One I hadn't heard in ages.

"So what do you think" she says while gasping for air from her previous laughter episode.

"Henry's not dyslexic" making sure I maintained no eye contact. I just loved getting under her skin, you know? Felt good I guess.

"You're not sick Ada" she said while making air quotations on sick, "you draw, even up till now. It's only because I'm the one pitching it, you feel it's okay to pull out that card" She shakes her head in disapproval and looks back to her phone.

"Whatever" I soon stand up to leave the living room because I had lost all interest in whatever was going on. She was on a roll and I wasn't. Started to wish I didn't leave my room in the first place.

"Where are you going? We're still talking"
"You are. I'm not" I make my way out of the living room but return to say a few things. She's rubbing her head again. Classic.

"You know mum, I didn't ask to be given birth to, maybe if you weren't so careless when you were a teen, and you would have known that dyslexia is hereditary. But what a shocker!" I put my hands on my face dramatically feigning surprise, "you don't know who he is, My father. Do you?"

"What's important is that I'm here for you, why can't you see that?"

"Trash" I mumble under my breath as I fold my arms keeping my focus on the tv screen.

"What did you say?"

"You heard me"

"Ada"

"Answer the question, mother. Do you know who he is?"

"No, no no. Not this again. I can't deal with you. You want space right? Have it all!" she said, as she grabbed her keys and stormed out the front door.

"Careful with the doors, mother!" I say sarcastically, "they're real expensive after all"

Days had passed after the incident. She came back though, the very next hour. She must have gone to our neighbour's house or something just to get me. Didn't work. So like I said earlier, days had passed and it was yet again, another new day.

"Are you okay?" she asks, as I try to get all my stuff in the car but instead it falls to the ground as if it's mocking my effort.
I don't blame her for asking me that question because even at that point, I didn't feel okay. I was being dragged to yet another therapy session. I try to arrange myself to look somewhat presentable but it's a lost cause. I just slouch on the chair and plug in my headphones.

"Let's just go" I mutter

"You know, when I feel sad, I just tell myself, everyone is as miserable as I am. I'm sure they have a thorn in a flesh as a daughter too" she adjusts her side mirror, "it's easier to pretend like it's just fine" she says unbothered as she starts the car ready to begin a journey I very much hated.

"I think the sooner you understand, mother" making sure to stress the last word and plastering a fake smile across my face, "I really have no interest in talking to you, the better for both of us"

"Why don't we ever have any of your friends over? She asks.

Is this woman even listening to me I literally said like five seconds ago I had no interest in talking to her. I roll my eyes and increase the volume of my music even higher.

" Do you even have any? When I was your age, my parents used to complain I had way too much friends" she lets out that laugh again. It's soothing but I wasn't going soft on her, "but with you it's different" she continues.

I remove my head phones and sit upright ready to say whatever unfiltered nonsense i had going on in my head.

"I'm trying to prevent what happened to you at 18 to happen to me too. You should be very proud of your parenting skills mother" I say while making gestures in the air.

In all honesty, I had just realized how that sounded and I shouldn't have said it. There's just many things going on and like I said, it's easier when I make others feel my own burden. I don't care if it's wrong, it's how I've survived. No one has any idea what I've been through, all throughout school. The struggle of trying to read, finally learning how to read. The struggle of basically just doing everything. No one understands. All I'm trying to do now is live life without being judged by teachers or anyone.

"Mum, stop-"

"Everytime, Ada, you bring it up but do you know-" she says in between tears as she cuts me off

"Stop the car"

"What?" she looks at me questionably

"We're here" I point at her glass.

"Oh right" she cleans her eyes and gestures for me to get down. I take a look at the clinic and let out a heavy sigh.

"Nope, not today" and I take a stroll to the ice cream shop once more. I had become a very regular customer.

********
A/N
I don't know what to say, you guyssss! Make Ada attend therapy please. She's already giving me a headache.

Secondly, comment and vote peopleeee

Still don't have a regular upload schedule yet :)