1. A Haunting Tune

"𝙷𝚒 𝚊𝚕𝚕! 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚘 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎, 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚏 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎. 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢, 𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐, 𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚛 𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎, 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚜𝚘.
𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞!"
- 𝙱𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚢-𝙱𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚢
**********
'The worst thing about betrayal, is that it never comes from the enemy'
**********
"Hush little baby don't say a word
Papa's going to buy you a mockingbird
And if that mockingbird don't sing
Papa's going to buy you a diamond ring."

The nursery rhyme whispered through azkaban as the prisoners got ready for bed. Scary, it may seem, but it was the same sort of songs that greeted them in the morning, and those same songs that tucked them in at night. So it was really a normal occurrence.

"And if that diamond ring is brass
Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass
And if that looking glass gets broke
Papa's gonna buy you a billy goat."

None of the prisoners have gotten even a glimpse of their mysterious entertainer yet, though they have started imagining who they could be. From the sound of their voice, he's male, but that's all they could deduce at the moment.

"And if that billy goat don't pull
Papa's gonna buy you a cart and bull
And if that cart and bull turn over
Papa's gonna buy you a dog called Rover."

His voice was soft and velvety, and it would be nicer if it wasn't echoing through the rows of prison cells, in the most secure prison of Magical Britain.

"And if that dog called Rover don't bark
Papa's gonna buy you a horse and cart
And if that horse and cart turn round
You'll still be the sweetest little babe in town (be the sweetest litte babe)
Still be the sweetest little babe in town"

And that's where the Order Of The Phoenix found themselves tonight. Standing in front of the rusted doors caged an innocent man they believed guilty for too long. Except for a few people; but you'll hear about that later.

"La, la, la, la, la, la
Hush, little baby don't you cry"

A sea of worried faces rushed forward to examine said man through a small and rather useless layer of thick glass. They looked and looked, but they couldn't see a thing. That is, until a pair of Avada Kedavra eyes opened wide.