A good kind of Karma(C79)

Hunter

My heart drops after hearing Aaliyah was in danger. I don't even bother driving back to the outbacks I order the pack to stay in wolf form and run as hard and as fast as they can while ordering the witches to teleport. I didn't care how much energy it took we needed to find these clues and get back to Aaliyah.

We arrive at the outbacks to see nothing there.I'm confused there were no clues, markings, obstacles nothing. We read the letter upside down and backwards but nothing. We search the arena and still nothing.

The pack attempt to do a reading of the ground to see if there had been anything buried but no one could sense it as well as Aaliyah could.

The pack spread out sniffing around for any clues they could find as I massage my temples unable to shake the fear creeping down my spine. I knew the school would never let something happen to any of the Alphas but they also never used to allow allies in Alpha games so who could be sure at this point. I was not willing to take that risk. I couldn't lose her.

As I wonder through the outback like a headless chicken I hear ruffling the near by bushes. My eyes and hands glow purple ready attack. Right now really was not the time to mess with me.

The silence is broken "Please sir" I hear as I see a small woman appears from behind the bush. I ease myself standing down and allowing my eyes to turn back to their natural brown "Sorry I wasn't expecting you" I apologise "Oh no it's fine I was prepared for much worse" she says says holding her chest as she breathes "Are you lost?" I ask concerned even though I had zero time for distractions "No I'm a friend of your girlfriend" she says stepping towards me. I look at her confused before recognising her as she steps into the light, it was the care taker from earlier "Oh you mean Aaliyah?" I ask "Yes Alpha king" she says with starlit eyes "I'm here to help you" she says looking around "I saw some people from the school come through here earlier they were climbing up the trees" she says pointing up "I tried to see what they were doing without looking suspicious but I couldn't, then I tried to climb up but I just... I'm so sorry" she looks down as if she were disappointed in herself "Hey Hey Hey no it's completely fine thank you for trying and so much for helping us" I rub her back hoping to make her feel better "the pack and I can figure it out from here don't worry" I say winking before trying to look up and spot what I could in the trees "sorry I couldn't be more help" she squeaks out "No please you've helped a lot by giving us a start you might just be what gets us the win" I say kneeling down as I thank her "Of course I would especially after your beautiful Alpha helped me" she replies as I mindlink the rest of the pack.

We sit on the ground waiting for everyone to arrive "She's a special one that girl" she smiles at me "Yes she is" I reply looking up at the moon thinking of her "When did you two meet?" She asks with googly eyes "She was fourteen and I was sixteen, she and her sister came to live with me and my family" I smile looking down at my lap "our families have been close for generations" I reply "And when did you fall in love" She asks causing butterflies to rush through my heart and into my stomach.

I pause for a second as I think of my answer. I knew what my answer was I just wasn't used to expressing my feelings about Aaliyah especially not to other people "I...I guess it was the first time I saw her train" I say looking at the floor as I draw circles in the dirt "Most guys are attracted to her ability to fight but I fell in love way before she even knew how to fight" I reminisce over the shy girl I first met "it was the fight I saw in her eyes and the determination she had to learn was when it started" I say recalling the exact moment "then as we started to grow so did my love for her" I say gulping as I finally admit my feelings "if you've know eachother since 14 when's the wedding?" she asks clapping "We...I" I wasn't sure what to say "We only recently found out her and I could be together but the thing is she has a mate and I've never technically told her how I feel so I'm not sure if I'm even a contender" I say huffing "Oh I've seen the two of you together and trust me you're more than just a contender" she says nodding her head at me "Don't be so quick to doubt yourself just ask her to marry you" she says nudging me "I mean I don't-" she cuts me off "Don't say don't only say do" she demands me "Do you have a ring?" She asks. My eyes bulge as I remember I did "Ahhh you do" she says reading my expressions "Well no it's not like that it's...I didn't meant for it to be for her" 8 look up to see she didn't look convinced "I mean it is for her but not right now we still have our whole lives to figure out" I say tightening my lips now rethinking whether I should even tell her how I feel "Well you've got time just don't get in your own head" she says patting my back "Judging by the pitter patter of the dirt I'm guessing your pack is coming" she says disappearing off into the woods "thank you" I call out even though she had already disappeared "Who are you talking to?" Mar asks as she appears "Uh..." I look back at the forest"No one but I uh I think we need to be looking for something in the trees" she looks up at the trees before looking down at me oddly "The trees?" She asks to which I nod my head "We don't have much time let's get up there now" I instruct. she nods her head climbing up the tree expertly. Majority of the wolves jump up into the trees too racing to the tops and branching off along each of the branches.

I spring up the tree scaling the sides and peeling back the loose pieces of barks trying to find anything I could.

Suddenly I hear a howl a few trees over. I dart my head teleporting from one tree to another till I reached the howling wolf "What is it?" I ask as I walk towards her This plant isn't indigenous to this area someone placed it here she mindlinks to me. I pick the leaf up to see it was pieces of Mistleshine an ancient plant used by elder witches.

This was barley a fraction of the amount needed for a basic spell. I whistled out to the pack as I jump down from the tree "We're looking for as much of this leaf as possible, as soon as you find it howl out to your corresponding witch who can properly extract it! witches remember we don't know how much Mistleshine is out there and we need as much of it as we can, if not extracted properly the magic won't work" I call out as everyone nods their heads before darting back up the trees in the pairs I assigned to them "Nice work bro" Mar says before darting up into the tree with her assigned wolf.