Chapter 7

Ariel's POV

"David what's going on?" I ask.

"Did he not tell you the truth?" the demon Orthon says with a fake sympathetic smile.

"Ariel it's not what you think." David claims.

My eyes start to water but since my hands are bound I can't wipe the tears.

"So you don't know the demon Orthon and you don't work for him. And you weren't lying to me. . . I trusted you." I can't stop the seemingly endless flow of tears. But not because I might die but my only "friend" actually never cared about me.

"No! I wasn't lying. I may have only known you for a few days but I really do like you and care about you" David claims

"Don't listen to him. He works for me and has for a while. He is actually a good helper. Thanks to him my organization has captured and killed hundreds of Nephilim." Orthons dark voice sends severs running through me.

"No you don't understand. I . . ." David is interrupted.

"Enough. Now David you must choose who lives and who dies." After saying this Orthon motions the hunters out of the room. Leaving himself, David, some other girl, that looks to be about 12, and me. Plus the gun.

"Choose" repeats Orthon.

"No. No. Please I can't. I can't do this. Ill do anything" says David.

"You have 5 seconds"

"No. I can't please." David looks on the verge of tears. Helplessly looking between the girl and I. As I look at the girl and David I see a resemblance. Then it hits me. This must be David's sister.

"Five!"

"David it's okay kill me." I plead,

"No Ariel I can't."

"Four!"

"No David shoot me. You're happy with this girl." David's sister speaks through quiet sobs.

"Three!"

"Alexandra I love you." David whispers.

"Two!"

"I know. And I love you. Good bye." says Alexandra.

"One!"

"NO!" David shouts as he turns the gun and pulls the trigger. . .

Orthons laughter fills the room.

"The bullet was a blank. I knew you would kill yourself before you would kill them."

For a moment I am too happy to think. He is not dead. When David turned the gun to himself instead of me or his sister, I didn't feel relief. I knew it would be to much to lose him. I may not know much about him. But I know I care for him. I feel some strange sort of happiness just standing next to him. He hurt me, but the hurt that would come from his death would be unbearable. He makes me feel these unexplainable emotions that I don't want to go away.

Then the demon Orthon speaks and brings me from my thoughts. It scares me just being near this guy. He has been given the ability to be free on earth. Since the devil finds his work pleasing. He knows he can't harm actual angels. So he kills we the Nephilim.

I hate to admit it but he scares me so much and I know he plans on killing me.

"Then why did you untie me and give me the gun?" asked David.

"It will hurt your sister and your little lover more knowing how much you care for them after you die."

"Or if I die."

"Way to be the optimist. But I am afraid you will die. Soon."

"Okay fine kill me just don't hurt Ariel and Alexandra. I will do anything for you if you spare them." pleads David.

"Um. . . I suppose I could. . . Actually naa that wouldn't be very fun. guards take them to their cells. I am done with them. For today. . ."

After Orthon says a this the doors of the room open letting a little more light in. Two hunters walk in and start to drag me out as I look down and see David on the ground with Orthon looking down on him. Orthon wears a menacing smile on his face.

"What did I ever do to you?" questions David as he is started to be pulled away.

Orthon just continues to smile as the hunters drag us away. They take us down a dark hall and almost throw us down the stairs. Then we arrive at a locked room. One of the hunters carries the key and unlocked it. When we are in side I see just a bunch of holding cells or cages. One guard opens cell and pushes David and Alexandra. Then they slam and lock the door.

"What are you doing. We're are you taking Ariel?" questions David as the hunters start to bring me back to the door.

"Her presents has been requested by the demon Orthon." One of the hunters replies.

David opens his mouth to speak but I put my hand up to silence him.

"It's okay. I'll be back in a bit." I say.

Then the hunters open the door and lead me back up stares to the demon Orthon.

My head is dizzy from my lack of food. I have a hard time walking, this causes one of the hunters to push me forward most of the way. My feet hurt. I feel so tiered even though I was just recently put to sleep by the hunters with some sort of chemical. In to short of time I find myself standing in front of Orthons office, again. I am trying to be stave but I shake with fear. One of the hunter opens the door. I feel hand on my back that quickly shoves me in. Then the door creaks shut. Leaving me in Orthons office alone.

"I am afraid we haven't had a proper introduction." Says Orthon with a sinister smile. He is sitting behind his black desk in a formal black business suit. The only light source in the room is his sleek black modern lamp that sits in the corner of his desk.

"I know who you are." I say with as much courage as I can muster, but I still sound afraid.

"Well I would hope so. You would be rather stupid if you didn't. However do tell me what you know about me. I know you have heard about me but I wonder how much do you know?"

"You are the demon Orthon who pleased the devil until you were gifted freedom to be on earth and torment the Nephilim. And now you have humans against my kind and you hunt and kill Nephilim." I slowly reply.

"I guess you do know a bit, but you missed the part where I am a part of a black market that sells special valuables that are rare. That is partly why you are still alive. I need your blood."