Chapter Three

Angel's Pov
For the first couple of days, I wasn't too sure why I found the whole arranged marriage amusing.

I guess I never imagined the day a man would willing wanna be with Aria without warning to chop their head off with a blade within the first 24 hours, or possibly a few days.

Aria wasn't too bad... Too some levels she just was overly loud for no apparent reason, and she has bad manners for a princess and for someone who would take over the kingdom whenever her parents died.

Griffith really had no idea what he was getting into with this family of secrets but everyone was preparing, the dress was being made, all letters and invitations being sent out it was sure to be one big wedding.

I found myself resting on my balcony one night done with my duties of the day watching the giant moon shine down on everything. I don't think with my position and my future I would ever have kids or get married, us knights have a duty to protect and we die with honor.

We never have happy endings really. I heard my door open and slam shut and I perked up turning around I saw Griffith looked out of breath like he had run all around, his long hair tied back in a loose ponytail.

"Griffith?" I questioned confused but he pressed a finger to his lip, I grew quiet hearing Aria was whining as she walked passed my bedroom. He seemed to relax a bit once she had passed by walking towards me.

"Angel I would like you to be quite honest with me... How big of a mistake have I made?" I was so startled by his question before the loudest snort left me and I started laughing quietly watching him tilting his head at me.

"Did I amuse you?" He questioned I snorted through my laughter gasping holding my nose.

" I snorted... No I mean you couldn't really just have let her die, cause then I would be dead as well. " I chuckled trying to calm my laughter down, watching him join me on my balcony.

"I think this is something you can't sadly can't get out of Griffith." He
sighed deeply slowly pressing himself in the railing.

"Yes I can see this is quite serious really, Aria isn't a bad woman..." I once again snorted.

"No she's terrible and I've just met her, she's very... How should I put this she's beautiful but... I like the more quiet and reserved girls." I hummed a little listening to him.

"I see so Griffith since you know about me may I know about you." He looked at me in shock.

"Me? Well, I guess it can't hurt." He smiled a little shutting his eyes for a moment.

"I actually haven't been in love with a woman for a long time... Not since Charlotte." I caught the emotion in his voice right away but decided not to ask too much in that.

"I have maybe two close friends Guts and Casca I felt like a..." He felt lost for words so I brushed away my hair.

"Like a third wheel, they are together I assume." I chuckled when he opened his eyes back up to stare at me.

"Yeah like that." He chuckled. I wanted to venture off on my own for a little while, getting some needed time to myself before I did something utterly stupid. "

Once again my hair kept getting caught in my face but I was startled when Griffith turned to face me.

"Is your hair bothering you?" He asked me in this gentle like tone. "Oh, this," I muttered loosely gazing at my hair more.

"It's really bothersome, I wanna cut it," I mumbled chuckling sinking my shoulders back.

"It gets in the way of training and stuff. " I lifted my head back up feeling his hands then tuck my hair away behind my ears before he grabbed all my hair tying it up in an updo before he used a tie to hold it in place.

"There, for now until you actually can cut your hair that shall do." I smiled at him a bit feeling a little odd with the shy feeling all of a sudden.

"Thank you," I whispered the both of us then just enjoying the sight of the kingdom. It had like this beautiful moonlight glow over it. I smiled and I glanced at Griffith when I felt him lean his head on my shoulder.

He seemed exhausted so I wrapped my arm around him gently hugging him a little.

Was it a little odd that I was hugging the princess soon to be husband? Yeah slightly but then again, it's not like anything was really happening just some talking and hugging.