Chapter 15

Chapter 15

---A few months later---

Krism stares up at the ceiling, completely bored. She listens to her own breathing as her eyes adjusted to the darkness. She lifts her hand to rub her red eye as it burned.

Forgot to blink.’ Krism chuckled. She stops chuckling when she remembers the reason why she was in here. The robbery… the crash.

I wonder what would have happened if Dorian or Izik survived the crash.’ Krism wondered, frowning. Guilt began to affect her mind, destroying her calm mood.

She shifts her position on the bed, her body facing the metal wall. She could sense the depression and guilt rising.

No reason to get sad about it now. What happened, happened.’ Krism thought as she attempted to make herself lose the guilt.

---

Krism heard soft footsteps outside of the metal door. She doesn’t bother to turn her body around.

The door squeaks open, allowing light to enter the crack. The light dimmed down to Krism’s head. She turns her body to the door, squinting.

An armed guard appears on the doorway. He aims his pistol at Krism with one hand while a pair of handcuffs were raised up on the other hand.

“Warden wants to see you.” The guard mumbled in a deep voice, stepping forward.

Warden?’ Krism sits up, still squinting her eyes from the light. She stands up, placing her hands behind her back.

The guard walks behind Krism. He places his pistol on the side of Krism’s head as he cuffs her.

“You move. You get shot.” The guard mumbled, applying more pressure on the pistol. Krism moves her shoulders, getting nervous.

The guard pulls Krism out. They walk down the hallway, the pistol behind Krism’s head.

---

The guard pushes Krism down an unknown hallway.

The hallway was nicely lit up with a few potted plants on the side. Krism was completely confused by such elegancy. 

Just as they approached double glass doors, Krism heard voices from inside.

“Why use so much force?” Ohm’s voice echoed.

“Where’s Krism? Where the fuck is she?” Minx shouted.

Krism sped up to the door but was pulled back by the guard.