Chapter One

"How did you manage to lose twenty souls?" Hector asked thumbing through the paperwork Samael had handed him. 

  "I did not lose anything, I am simply the collector." Samael responded casually. Hector ran his hand over his face, his dark coloured skin in stark contrast to his steel coloured eyes.

  "I'm sure Lucifer is more than a little unhappy." Hector smiled leaning back in his chair. Hector ran more than unsavoury business and currently Samael was sitting in his office which consisted of dark walls, no sunlight, a large Mahoney desk and the smell of stale tobacco. "So how did twenty souls manage to escape?" 

  "The pandemic has caused an influx of souls, deaths that were not meant to happen so soon." Samael offered leaning forward and picking up the glass of whiskey Hector had poured him. 

  "Well my days of chasing daemons are over Samael, so why are you here?" Hector asked.

  "Yes of course, you heal people now." Samael chuckled.

  "Only if they are of use." Hector laughed picking up his own drink. "Again I ask, why are you here?"

  "I simply need somewhere to stay whilst I hunt." Samael responded. "Possibly healing." 

  "That I can do friend." Hector smiled, Samael smiled back downing the contents of his glass. Hector opened one his desk drawers pulling out an envelope and throwing it toward Samael. "Enjoy your stay." He chuckled. "Be careful of the human women, things have changed since you last graced the earth." 

  "Noted." Samael rose to his 6"5 picking up the envelope.

  "Good luck." Hector smiled earning a smirk from Samael, it wasn't he who needed luck.