One

Narcissa watched as the new head of the cheer squad took her time arranging the pyramid. She wondered how much she'd really miss getting up an hour earlier than she had to. Debating whether or not to go over and help the girls practise, her eyes landed on her sister, Pandora, making her way across the field. Once she came closer into view, her trademark evil grin was plastered on her face.

"At least now you don't have to wake up so early, hey?" Pandora made her way up the bleachers. Narcissa clenched her jaw and stood up.

"Yes, I am oh so grateful for all the early mornings you saved me." She made sure to bump her shoulder into her sister's leaving her unbalanced.

There was a fresh blanket of rain all over the oval, but luckily the basketball court was covered. Everyone seemed to still have their jumpers or jackets over their sports uniform, she had a sense of relief that she no longer had to where her cheer uniform in this weather.

She made her way across the field, up onto the upper oval and into the basketball court. The bell rang not a moment later, and she caught her twin sister in a hunched state.

"I think you've broken the records for how many periods, one can have." Narcissa sat next to her twin, rolling her eyes.

"If you blow my cover, so help me god, I'll put normal milk in every carton." Aurora narrowed her eyes, pressing her arms into her tummy and curling her legs underneath herself.

"Can I use your water bottle?" Narcissa reached for the tall pink container and sipped anyway.

It didn't take long for everyone to wander onto the court, some faces were new this week, others she knew very well. Everyone was reluctant to be out in the freezing cold. But today was the day for the dreaded Beep Test, so they were sure to warm up quickly. She was stood between a brunette boy, about the same height as her, and another boy, named Reign. Someone she found to be so irritating, but of course, was almost exactly like her.

His dark hair was slightly wet and desperately needed a haircut. Narcissa had watched the once, small boy, grow into a very handsome man. Very annoying, handsome man.

"Goodluck, Hemlock." He gently bumped her with his shoulder.

"Save it for yourself." She dug her elbow into his side, he let out a small groan before cursing at her.

She made sure to breathe through her nose, push her chest out and not to start off running to fast. What she did next though, was no help to her cause. First, she tried adjusting her bra strap, it had fallen down to the crook of her arm, forgotten to have adjusted it when she bought it. Next, she and Reign had swatted each other away so much, she found herself closer to the other boy, who had swung his arm into her chest. She also felt a leg give out, and she fell straight down.

"What the fuck, Cissy?" Reign spoke from under her. She felt an assortment of bones underneath her. His arms gripped her, and she was back up on her feet in a few seconds. They'd limped over to the side of the court, swearing under their breath.

"I'm so sorry!" The brunette boy called out, jogging over. 

She noticed the way his hair had bleached streaks from the sun, and she instantly thought of her childhood crush on Tyler Posey. He had the same crooked jaw, but with dark freckles all over his skin. She found his face charming, that boyish look you often found in early 2000's movies love interests.

Once he stood close enough, those teenage hormones took over, as if she were thirteen and saw her celebrity crush on the telly. She wondered if she'd actually met him before, though she spent most of her time studying or with her sister.