Five

Narcissa, Aurora and their youngest siblings, Ophelia, and Titania, joined their mother to parent-teacher evening. She felt herself bubbling with excitement, now that she and Reign were on good terms again. But she knew Caspian could be there, and that made her heart heavy.

She looked at her mother's tight schedule for tonight, only planning to meet with the present daughter's teachers. As soon as they arrived, Andromeda gave Rory the keys to their car, and told them there was food in the back seat. She gave them all a quick kiss goodbye and rushed down the hall, to meet with Ophelia's English teacher.

She saw Reign standing with, who she assumed to be, his parents. His mother was a short woman, she had very tanned skin. This must have been where he got the Greek from. She was curvy and had matching black hair. His father, however, was a much lighter and tall man. He almost looked nothing like his son, but his face shape and height was identical. Reign wore a long coat, with a deep blue turtleneck.

Soon enough, Narcissa spotted Caspian, he was stood outside of the gym, on his phone. She walked over, nervously scratching the palms of her hands.

"Hey, can I speak to you for a second?" She smiled.

"What's up?"

"Um, you know my sister?"

"You have tons, which one?"

"Pandora, one of the triplets in year thirteen." She bit her lip, now chewing the bits of skin slightly flaking off.

"Yeah, she's dating Milo."

"Dating?"

"Yeah, they're together all the time. Funny guy." He chuckled lightly. "What about her?"

"She has this weird thing about sleeping with guys, I've had a thing for." She began.

"Right..."

"And this may sound, like, totally weird but, um..."

"You want me to stay away from her?"

"Yeah, that would be nice."

"It's not your place to dictate who I hook up with, or who your sister hooks up with."

"I- what?"

"Look, I know you're in love with me or something but-"

"Woah, what? I'm not in love with you!" She stepped back; her voice raised.

"Oh really?"

"Not at all!"

"Whatever, I think you're crazy for telling me who I can and can't sleep with. I barely know you." He looked at her, there was clear disgust in his eyes.

She felt her throat choke up, another embarrassing confrontation in front of all her peers, and their parents, no less.

She spun on her heel and stormed towards the stairs, off to find her usual hiding spot.

Up top the first flight of stairs, there weren't that many teachers or parents. She kept walking, focusing on the sound her shoes made against the echoey stone floor.

Once there, she slid into a little nook. It was cold and hard, barely comfortable, and but she still sat there. Her thoughts wandered as to what the building was originally, how old it must have been. She had no doubt her father knew, but the mystery kept her mind distracted.

A few moments later, she heard footsteps walk up the stairs and down the secluded hall. She peered her head around the column and saw Reign.

"Hey." He spotted her and joined her, his back against the wall and legs folded beneath him. "You alright?"