Nine

"Hey." She sat up, flipped her lamp switch on and sniffed.

"Aurora called me," He handed her a box of tissues. He climbed over here and laid next to her, covering them both with the blanket. "You've got food poisoning?"

"Yeah, I had Indian from a new place," She chuckled. "Um, why're you here?"

"Well, you told me you cancelled with Caspian." He scratched the side of his head. "And I really fucking missed you."

"Reign, you've got no idea how sorry I am." She tightly wrapped her arms around him, his signature scent made her begin to sob.

"We have to talk, Cissy." He took a deep breath. There was barely room for the both of him on her bed, but she practically laid on top of him. "You're my best friend."

"You're mine too." She sniffed. It took all her courage to pull away and face him, eye to eye.

"I was really hurt, when you said yes to Caspian." He swallowed and continued to stroke her hair. "I think I've had feelings for you, for a really long time."

She stayed silent, her heart leaping in her chest.

"We never really spoke about what we were to each other, but I want to do that now. I want to be more than fuck buddies, and more than friends with benefits." As he spoke, she still found herself holding back tears.

"I fucked up, and I wasn't thinking. But I promise, if you forgive me, I'll think so much more." She sniffed and wiped her nose, resting her palms on his chest.

"Thank you," He kissed her forehead. "Of course I forgive you, I've got so much to tell you."

"Before you do, I need you tell you something." He nodded, and she quietly spoke, "I love you."

"I love you too, dumbass." He leaned up and kissed her. She didn't realise how much she missed this. She tortured herself the past week, that she'd never touch him in this way again. That he'd never even speak to her or kiss her.

And there they were, for countless hours, talking. Eventually she had another urge to throw up, and he held her hair back, wiping anything away on her face.

"I can't believe you're still here despite the fact I'm chucking my guts out." She spat into the toilet bowl.

"You're a human being, Cissy." He kissed her cheek. "And for that, I love you all the more."

The next morning, no surprise to her parents, Reign joined them downstairs for breakfast. She ate a few simple pieces of toast, while he indulged in her mother's famous fry ups.

"This has got to be weird for you, having breakfast with the headmaster?" Narcissa folded her legs under her, her chair scooted so close to Reign.

"I suppose I better start getting used to it." He smiled at her.

A few moments later, Pandora joined the table. The eyes under her bags more prominent, and her hair much messier than usual mornings. Narcissa noticed the tension between Reign, and her older sister. Giving him a weird look, worried, he shrugged and kissed her forehead.

Over the weekend, Reign had to spend most of his time with his parents, painting the walls in their new house. Which was fine by Narcissa. Her weekend consisted of frequent bathroom visits, and not very tasty food.

By the time Monday rolled around, Aurora would drive with the younger twins, while Narcissa and Reign had his car, all to themselves. Which of course, this grossed out Rory.

Walking up to the main school building this time, they didn't worry about distancing themselves. Instead, they no longer shied away from intimacy.

Once they reached her locker, Reign pulled out his phone.

"Guess what?" He handed her his phone. This time, encased in a thin, navy blue, silicone cover. The screen was shiny with the protector, a hard one at that.

"Aww, you're a man now!" She smiled and pressed the power button. The background was one of the stock photos. "Now it's time to choose your own background." She dropped it back in his hand and smiled.

"One step at a time, one step at a time." He flicked her nose and continued. "By the way, I went car shopping with my dad on Saturday, I couldn't find any cars that would be able to fit your giraffe sized legs."

"Oh, I see. I suppose you're just going to have to go without." She rolled her eyes. "Speaking of, I have a referral for you to a plastic surgeon. Get some cheek filler for those gaunt cheeks."

"Sorry, I couldn't understand a word you said with your horrid accent." He glanced behind her. "I'll have you know; my mother thinks I'm very handsome."

"Aww, and I suppose you still believe in the tooth fairy and Santa?" She mocked. He grabbed her jaw between his thumb and forefinger and kissed her.

A moment later, she heard her name called from behind her. Pulling away, she saw Caspian awkwardly standing there. She looked back at Reign, who only held a hard stare towards him.

"Hey, I've got to tell you something." He licked his lips nervously, glancing at Reign.

"Out with it." Reign said.

"Pandora came with me, to the gig on Friday." He paused. "And we hooked up."

Narcissa wasn't as angry as she thought she'd be. She kind of expected this to happen eventually. If anything, her heart felt disappointed.

"Okay." She shrugged and turned to face Reign.

"Is that it?" Caspian looked confused.

"You can go." She threw him a hard stare. He walked away, throwing looks over his shoulder.

"I told him to tell you."

"You knew?" She asked.

"I went to pee, Friday night. I saw him go into Pandora's room, I took a picture and told him he needed to tell you on Monday."

"Or?"

"Or I'd tell you myself, I thought I'd give him the chance to come clean." He worried for a moment, about Narcissa's silence.

"Thank you." She gave him a quick kiss.

"Are you alright?"

"I don't really think I care anymore." She looked up at him, licked her lips and smiled. "I haven't lost anything."

"And you won't." He promised.