Ten

"So, what are we, now?" He wiped the basil sauce from her mouth.

"I suppose we could make it Facebook official."

"You suppose?"

"What?"

"Well, do you want to make it Facebook official? Or do you just want to lead me astray in every corner of Hemlock Academy, using me for my body." He gasped and shook his head.

"I don't think Facebook has a 'friends with benefits' option."

"I know you're fucking with me right now," He looked her in the eyes, gently holding her chin with his fingers. "But I need you to tell me, we're in a monogamous, committed relationship."

She leaned in and kissed him, before whispering. "Would you like to be my monogamous, committed boyfriend?"

"I suppose so." He sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"I hope you've got an engagement ring handy, unlike my mother, I'm not waiting until twenty years in, and nine kids to get married."

"Wait, your parents aren't married? I always greeted your mother as Mrs Hemlock."

"Nope! She is still, Andromeda Beauregard."

"Hmm," He thought for a moment. "You know, I'd absolutely marry you right here and now."

"Ha, totally."

"No, really." He took a hair tie she'd left in his car, and gently took her hand. "Marry me."

"That wasn't romantic at all." She took her hand away and flicked his nose with it.

"Here," He grabbed her hand again, took the silver band that was on his middle finger and hovered it in front of her finger. "Narcissa Rosalind Hemlock, you are the smartest, funniest and most beautiful woman I have ever met in my life. Through our rivalry and friendship, you have helped me be the best I can. I've never thrived, nor succeeded as much as I have, since I've been with you."

"You're welcome by the way." She whispered. He grinned before continuing.

"Will you marry me?" He paused for a moment, while her eyebrow raised and she held her breath. "Preferably not with this ring because it's a family heirloom, but it'll be a placeholder."

"Are you being serious?" She leaned forward, her hand trembled.

"About the proposal, or the ring?"

"The proposal."

"Yes." She was silent, no doubt her heart was truly in her throat. Her mouth was dry and she lunged forward, pressing her lips to his.

"You don't have to say yes, we can play this off as a prank."

"No, you idiot." She furrowed her brows and held his face between her hands. "Of course, it's a yes, but you're a fool to think we're getting married at seventeen. You're waiting until we're eighteen to have the ceremony, I'm not a child bride."

"Of course, my love." He kissed her passionately.

It was an hour or so later, once the pair had put their clothes back on and were parked in an underground lot, when they realised the time. Pandora, had no doubtedly, been home for about twenty minutes.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked her, parking up to the front gate.

"You can wait in my room." She hopped out, unlocked the gates and he drove in.