𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

Y/N's POV

I smell the cool air from my porch. It smells like fall. I wish I could get a pumpkin, but I've been forbidden to go to the store.

Emily's wishes.

So, I got out of the hostpital last week, and Em has been on my ass for taking my medication. She will call me in a middle of her case just to tell me to take my pills.

I love her though. Even though we had our first kiss almost two weeks ago, we are getting married in november. It's currently October 4th, 2020.

I jump on the couch and grab my phone.

Hey sexy.

Emily<3: Hey beautiful.

When are you coming home?

Emily<3: Just left. Why?

Can you get me a pumpkin and some fall flavored candles since the store is off limits?

Emily<3: It's the least I can do. Anything else?

No, I'm good. Can't wait to see you.

Emily<3: Sure thing. I love you.

Love you too.

I put the phone down and go to the bathroom. I go to wash my face when I see the staple mark on my shoulder. I take off my tank top and look at my other scars, putting my hand over each one slightly. The stitches are still on.

To stop the flashbacks, I splash my face with water. I put my t-shirt back on and run back to the couch.

I turn on the tv and see the news. And of course, its about me. I shut the tv off and go back to my phone.

One missed message from: Uncle J. Do you wish to respond?

I press yes and read.

Hey kiddo, just wanted to see how you're doing. I hope that you'll have plenty of cheese at the wedding! Don't let ya uncle starve!

I laugh and reply.

Hey, I'm doing fine. Stitches still hurt like a bitch. And yes, there will be PLENTY of cheese just for you.

I press send as I hear the door open. I run to the door and see my beatiful fiance. She looks at me and smiles.

"Here is your pumpkin, and your fall scented candles! I got you ice cream anyways, chocolate of course." She say as I go to kiss her.

"Why thank you my gorgeous fiance!" I say as I kiss her one more time. I grab the pumpkin and candles and Icecream and bring it to the kitchen.

Emily decided to move in with me after my first night at the hospital. I've never been more happy.

"If you need some carving stuff, I can go get some after work tomorrow." I nod.

"Hey, Em." She looks at me. "The doctor called me, told me I was clear to drive." She groans and walks toward the couch.

"Oh, c'mon! I'll be super careful, and I'll bring my pepper spray AND my taser. Pleeeassee!"

She plops onto the couch and looks at me.

"Fine! But no secluded areas! You hear me?" I nod and climb onto her.

I kiss her and muffle the words thank you.

"Eh, it's not like I had a choice." I laugh and pat her on the cheek as if I was gonna playfully slap her.

Then my uncle wanted to facetime us with some exciting news.

ALSO, if you would like to make a cover for The day after Tomorrow and We don't need a man, please DM me! I would love to see your guys' artwork!