THE BLOODY FEAST 2

After the performance, the atmosphere in the palace garden shifted. The hushed awe that had followed Xiu Ying's song gave way to a buzz of conversation and polite mingling.  Guests, their faces now relaxed and animated, moved between tables, exchanging compliments and gossip, their voices a constant murmur against the backdrop of the garden's gentle music.

Fen Jie, her face radiant with a practiced smile, moved effortlessly through the crowd, her charm a captivating force.  She received compliments on her performance, her beauty, and her grace, each one a carefully crafted arrow aimed at securing her position within the court.

Xiu Ying, however, remained at her table, her expression a mask of indifference, her gaze fixed on the swirling patterns of her tea.  She listened to the conversations around her, her mind analyzing the dynamics of the court, the subtle shifts in power, the unspoken alliances and rivalries.

The Seventh Prince, his gaze lingering on Xiu Ying, moved towards her table, his presence a silent acknowledgment of her captivating performance.  He engaged in polite conversation with General Xiang, his words carefully chosen, his demeanor a mixture of formality and respect.

Jingyi, her heart filled with a mixture of apprehension and hope, watched the interaction with a keen eye.  She knew that the Seventh Prince was a man of power and influence, a man who could shape the destiny of the empire.  She also knew that he was a man of mystery, a man who kept his true intentions hidden behind a mask of stoicism.

The palace feast was a stage, a carefully orchestrated performance where every word, every gesture, every glance held meaning.  And Jingyi, her heart pounding with a mixture of anxiety and anticipation, knew that the night was far from over.  The game had just begun.

                 JINGYI POV
I stood behind my Young Lady, a silent sentinel, my heart filled with a mixture of loyalty and apprehension.  The palace feast was a whirlwind of activity, a kaleidoscope of colors and sounds, but my focus remained fixed on her, my gaze lingering on her delicate features, her graceful movements, her quiet intensity.

"Jingyi," she called, her gaze fixed on the swirling patterns of her tea.

I stepped forward, my heart pounding with a mixture of anticipation and trepidation.

"Who is the prince that accompanied me a while ago?" she asked,her eyes filled with a mixture of curiosity and a hint of something else, something I couldn't quite place.  She patted the chair behind her, a silent invitation for me to sit.

I sat down, my heart pounding with a mixture of fear and fascination.

"He is the Seventh Prince," I said, my voice a soft whisper, my words carefully chosen.  "Prince Yingzi, meaning Shadow, known as the Black Prince.  A dangerous one.  He doesn't meddle in other's business, and it's a surprise that he accompanied you in your performance.  Your sister fought together with him in different battles.  Everyone said that the two fitted for each other, but the Emperor did not say a word about it.  Your sister likes him very much.  When that time that he accompanied you, your sister is in pain."

"Seventh Prince? Yingzi?" she said,her tone was full of question,her eyes fixed on her tea, her expression unreadable.

"Yes, Young Lady," I said, my voice a soft whisper, my heart filled with a mixture of concern and apprehension.  "You're the one who should know him.  When we were still kids, I often saw him at your villa.  You're playmates back then.  On the day that you left, he tried to stop you, but the city gate was closed after you were outside.  From then on, your sister often goes to your villa to see him, but whenever he will go there and saw your twin, he will go home.  You remember now, Young Lady?"