Chess

(Ash p.o.v)

I was sitting on the arm of the chair Teddy was sitting in drawing him and Regina playing chess. She began to slowly move a piece before Teddy interrupted her.
"Check."
She began to move the piece in the opposite direction only for Teddy to interrupt her again.
"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."
She decided to move it forward only for the same process to happen again.
"Get out your passport 'cause you're about to enter the check republic."
"How many did you come up with?" I asked as Regina leaned back in her chair.
"I see the student has become the condescending teacher. Excuse me while I go figure out what a computer would do." She told before rushing off her chair and runs up the stairs.
"I can't finish the drawing now." I told as I looked at the unfinished drawing.
I looked up to see Emil walk in still wearing the sad look he had from lunch.
'Maybe he will tell me it now.'
"Hey, Emil, how was the hotdish?" Teddy asked completely ignoring the sad look he had as we made our way over to him.
"Regrettably, I never even got to lay my eyes upon Bernice's warm rutabagas. They tossed me out for using a front of the line pass."
"Front of the line pass." Me and Teddy asked in confusion until he made a face of realisation.
"Wait a minute. Did you but that from a big guy? Even bigger hair? Look of pure evil on his face?"
"I do not know the purity of his evil, but the rest of the description is accurate." He told making me look at him with a confused look.
'I didn't know that happened.'
"That's Scott Spitzak. He's a bully, a con-artist, and the schools most vicious towel snapper. Avoid that guy at all costs."
"Teddys correct Emil. He isn't good news."
"Teddy, silly little grump. You only see the worst in people."
"Yeah! When those people are the worst."
"Come on, no one is completely bad."
Even sharks do not eat all their babies. I will simply explain to Mr.Spitzak what happened, he will give me a refund, and we will all have a great laugh." He told before laughing.
"I thought it was the baby shark that eats it's sibling but one in the womb?" I asked only to be ignored yet again.
Emil rushed out of the building even though school was over for the day.
"Wait! No, I wouldn't...."
'I feel bad.'
We turned around to hear footsteps, to see Regina run back to the table and moved a piece.
"Checkmate!"
"That my piece."
"Dang it!"
She quickly turned back around and ran back upstairs.
"How is she terrible at the game when she was the one who taught you?"
"I wouldn't have a clue."