APRIL FOOLS SUCKA!

We were walking to the cabin freezing our arses off when Teddy spoke to me.
"Thanks for coming with me on this Ash. I know you would most likely rather spend time with Emil and not here for the night in the cold."
"It is ok Teddy. If anything that I had learnt from the practice badger hunts is that it awfully gets cold at night, so I will be completely fine.... also I feel better knowing you aren't left alone with Braughner in this cabin that we are heading to." I told
We made our way inside the cabin and I closed the door thankful that it was warm in the cabin.
'Thank god for that.'
"Welcome to our family getaway. Lemme show you around. This is it." She told before walking over to the table.
As she placed the lantern on there Teddy saw the covered hole and got excited.
"Oh hey. Is this the fishing hole?" He asked as he lift the cover off to see.
"I would hate to fall in." I told.
"Yeah, and the toilet." Braughner added.
"You have to wait outside if I need to go." I told
"Completely understandable."
He placed the cover off to the side and placed Rob down before turning back towards us.
"Well, in spite of that, this is perfect. Thanks, Braughner."
"Yeah it's quite nice here."
"You got it, T-money and A-train."
"But I do not like trains all that much. Unless it is vintage ones then I love them." I told making her open her mouth to say something only to choose not to.
I noticed she grabbed a mallomar and began to eat it before speaking.
"Mmm. This is some good mallow."
"Wow you truely enjoy them." I told as she nodded in agreement.
"Is that a king-sized mallomar?" Teddy asked
She gave a nod before he moved closer to her and I tilted my head a little bit.
"I didn't give you one of those." He told as he went to reach for it but she moved out of the way.
"You didn't. I guess now is as good a time as any to tell you..." she began as she moved towards the door and took another bite. "I got an offer that I couldn't refuse. Classic Braughner backstab. See you at school tomorrow!" She told before leaving the cabin.
"See you tomorrow!" I exclaimed hoping she heard me.
"Oh, no." He told before grabbing Rob as the window opened to show Regina.
"Hello Regina. I see you followed us." I told.
"Welcome to the ultimate April Fool's prank shack." She told before she fell out of sight.
Emile head popped into the window giving a smile making me smile.
"How fun is this? Also hello Ashley."
"Hey. Do I need to be in here?"
"Sadly yes since we can not risk Teddy leaving."
"I understand."
"Oh that is good." He told.
Regina moved him out of the way a bit to show her own face again and I knew this was not going to end well.
"What are you guys doing? You don't have to do this."
"No. But we want to."
Teddy ran to the door to escape but was electrocuted. He took a few steps back which broke a rope which made a rubber chicken shot towards us. I ducked as it hit him making him fall onto a whoopee cushion. He quickly got up and moved forward to place his hand on the chest only to set off all the mousetraps that were placed there. He shook his hand off and moved to stand in front of the closet which opened to show a boxing glove with a sticky note on it.
"Don't turn around?" He read before following it.
Once he fully turned around Regina and Emil began to spray silky string all over us making his foot get stuck in a bucket. He stumbled back which made the boxing glove spring out and punch him making Rob fly. I extended my arms out only to miss him as he fell to the ground and then into the hole.
"Teddy I am completely sorry that I could not catch it in time." I told as I dropped to the ground along with him.
"My project. It's gone!"
"It was an accident." Emil told
"We're so sorry! We were just trying to help you not tinker!"
"This can't be happening. Now I won't be able to get into the Tech Fair...which means I'll never get to get into MIT." He told as he began to cry.
"I really am sorry that I couldn't catch him." I told before I began to cry as well.
Emil and Regina fell down with us and began to cry from the prank gone wrong.
"I am a horrible mother."
"We are not good people."
"All my dreams... down the toilet... literally."
"This all happened because of pranking."
We continued to cry till me and Teddy began to laugh.
"April Fool's, suckas!" We both shouted
"What? This was a prank?!" Regina asked
"Oh! And it was vicious!" He told as we stood up.
"It was. It was vicious." I told.
Emil stood up and looked really confused.
"You destroyed your project for a prank?!" He asked as Regina stood up to join sharing the same look.
"Of course not. That robot was merely a 7/8th scale replica of the original! I can't believe you guys didn't notice."
"I didn't as well."
"I turned my real project in weeks ago. I didn't want to over-tinker."
"And I didn't want to over-enable him."
"Seriously?!" Regina asked
"Everyone's always saying, 'Teddy can't prank, even though he's a super genius and super ripped.'"
"I'm sorry who's saying that?"
"Actually, I have said all of those things."
"So this year, I decided to flex my bulging prank muscles. I played the hapless rube all day with some help from Ash of course, then recruited Braughner, knowing she'd escalate things and eventually betray us."
"I told him she will most likely do that."
"A classic Braughner backstab." Emil said
"I do not trust that girl."
"Yeah, you really shouldn't."
"That is a good call."
"Anyway, I just had to make you think you destroyed my project, and it would hit you where it hurt the most... right in the feels. You know, the only thing I didn't see coming was... how much fun this was gonna be! I got you, oh, yeah."
"But Ashley. You hate pranks?" Emil questioned.
"That I do. But Teddy let me in on it and once he starts laughing I begin to laugh. It's a whole thing. But please no one prank me still."
"Of course not sweetie. If I ever got my hands on those boys that were mean to you so help me." Regina told as Emil looked away to hide the fact he knew about that.
"But what about the crying?" Emil asked as he tried to change topics.
"Oh no I was actually crying. Even though I wasn't meant to catch the robot I still felt completely terrible about it." I told making Emil come and wrap his arms around me to cheer me up.
He kept dancing till his watch began to beep making him look at it before us.
"Oh, look! And it's midnight! Which means April fool's day ends with Teddy and Ashley on top."
He began to leave but stopped when Emil spoke.
"Well, at least until next year."
"No. No next year,"
"Oh yeah. And you set the bar really high!" Regina told
"Oh, we should start planning now!"
"No, no planning!"
"Good job Teddy." I told as I saw the regret on his face.
"What do you think Teddy is scared of the most?"
"Crows! Definitely crows!" Regina exclaimed as they got excited.
"Yes, we will get a murder of crows. Come on Ashley. I want you to be with us while we plan." Emil told as he took my hand as we ran out.
"No! No crows! No murder! Guys?" He shouted as he ran after us.
"Emil we should really be careful on the ice." I told as I tried to slow our running.
"Everything will be fine Ashley. I assure you if something went wrong I will save you."
Before I could say anything I fell through something making me instantly hold my breath.
'Oh no!'

(Emil p.o.v.)

"ASHLEY!" I exclaimed as I rushed back to the hole she just fell through.
"Emil what happened?!" Both Teddy and Regina exclaimed as they rushed to the hole.
"Ashley fell in."
"What do we do?!" Teddy asked
"We hope she can get out through a hole." Regina told
"Ashley is a strong swimmer and the water is still tonight so she will return to this hole." I told as I continued to look down the hole.
'Please be ok.'
I thought I saw a hand reach up towards us making me reach for it. I wrapped my hand around their wrist as they did the same and gave Regina and Teddy a nod. They quickly grabbed ahold of me before I began to pull her back up. Once she surfaced she took a large breath before Teddy helped pull her back to the surface.
"I really hate April Fools day now." She told as I took my coat to wrap around her.
"We need to get you warmed up so you don't get anything sweetie." Regina told as she helped her up.
"I am really sorry about this."
"Nonsense Ash. These things happen and we are just really glad you made it out ok. Did you inhale any water?"
"No. I was quick enough where I could hold my breath before going under."
"That's good sweetie."
"I am just glad you are alright." I told as I wrapped my arms around her to help her stay warm.
"Let's just think about getting you warm again Ash." Teddy told.
'I am glad she is ok.'