Kabanata 24

"Darling! I am glad you spend my birthday a penny of your time." President Williams.

Sinalubong ako ng ginang ng isang mainit na yakap. I smiled to the people she's talking with before I arrived.

"I would not miss this for the world."

"Timothy." She acknowledge my bother and give him a hug too.

"Madam Williams, happy birthday."

"How did you get your brother here, Stella?"

See? Even she was shocked too on my brother's apperance in a party.

"I did not drag him. He volunteered himself to accompany me."

"Really?"

Natawa na lang kami sa reaksiyon niya. We have the same reaction thou, President Williams. Kalaunan ay iginayak niya kami sa kung saan kami uupo. I refuse when she brought us to the VIP table but she's too persistent that she haven't reserved any seats aside from it.

Wala kaming nagawa ni Timothy kundi ang umupo at sundin ang gusto niyang mangyari.

The party is about to start that is why she excused herself first. May mga lumalapit sa aming table at nang hihingi ng litrato mula sa akin na pinag bibigyan ko ng bukal sa aking puso.

I was about to sit down for the nth time when a woman approach me again. She looks like a staff here.

"I am really sorry to disturb you Ms. Stella, but President Williams wants you at the back stage."

Napatingin ako sa aking kapatid ng marinig ko yun.

"Do you happened to know why?"

"She haven't told me, Miss."

Tumango ako sa kanyang sinabi.

"Go. I'll wait you here." Timothy said.

"Tim, we can just head home if you are not comfortable here."

"It's okay, baby. I saw some colleagues when we arrived so nothing to worry about."

I forgot. He is Timothy Green. Kahit iwan ko siya dito, malabong mapanis ang laway niya. People from this hall will definitely approach him the moment I turn my back on him.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Hundred percent." Ngumiti ito sa akin at tumango naman ako.

Bago ako umalis ay nilapitan muna niya ako at kinintilan ng halik ang aking noo.

For the past six year, Timothy and our father always do that to me. According to them, that is their way to fill the tweenty two years that I am not with them. And... for them to feel Nanay too.

"I'll see you later." Sabi ko bago ako tumalikod sa kanya.

The staff assisted me to the back stage. Nadatnan ko doon na nireretouch si President Williams habang kausap nito ang kanyang assistant.

"Finally, darling! Come here!"

I went near her.

"Why do you need me here, President Williams?"

"You are too formal, Stella. I told you to just call me Claire."

Natawa ako sa kanyang sinabi. This is New York, where Ate, Tita, Kuya, Po, and Opo does not even exist. Sometimes, I miss home. I miss addressing someone older than me the way they deserved to be addressed. Dito kasi, okay na yung matawag mo sa pangalan ang isang tao.

"Anyways, As you know I am entering the world of jewelries and the launch is tonignt itself."

"And...?"