Back Home: Reverse AU

(I know I should stop writing about this AU but I CAN'T! LOL I mean it though. Don't be surprised if I come out with more short stories revolving around this alternate universe. I hope you guys like this one shot, it's just fluffy and like Maiko but not.)

Sokka and Yue are Back Together

[OMINOUS-ISH FLUFF]

"It is not proper for the crowned prince to travel without a-" The returned Prince Sokka of the Southern Water Tribe sighed lightheartedly and stepped out of the fancy caravan. "I'm just going to Yue's house, I'll be fine." He smiled brightly and brushed off his shoulder, blushing slightly at the surprise of fans eagerly watching him. "Alright then, Prince Sokka but be safe!" "I will, Miko." Sokka grinned and headed to his girlfriend's house cheerfully.

The prince wasn't used to people waiting for him to tell them what to do in a long time, but it made the end of his banishment that much better.

~~~

"I missed you," Yue murmured tentatively as they cuddled on her couch. "Me too, love. I'm glad that things have slowed down." Sokka replied and wrapped an arm around Yue, gently reeling her closer to him. "I missed the royal treatment too. Do you think you could get some of those tarts? The blueberry ones with hydrangea petals on top?" She requested lazily. "I'll see what I can do, just give me a second." He carefully sat up and started heading to the door. "But polar beaaaaar, I'm coooold here! All alone, by myself!" Yue fake-whined dramatically. "You'll be fine. I'm gonna be back in a little bit, okay? I'm not going anywhere." The prince reassured her and pecked her forehead.

"You better not be lying to me~" She teased. "I don't plan on it." Sokka retorted before making his request to some of the servants that waited for him outside. He ambled back to the couch and let Yue scoot over so they could keep cuddling. "Can I tell you something?" The prince asked his girlfriend. "Whatever you want. As long as you aren't breaking up with me, I'll be alright." Yue cooed and tenderly brushed her hand against his scarred cheek. "I find it a little weird how everything changed so quickly after the tribe conquered Ba Sing Se." An entertained giggle escaped the princess's lips. "You always have to think everything out. Why can't you just enjoy what we have now, polar bear?" She snickered playfully, nuzzling the gap between his chin and neck.

"I hurt a friend back there and I betrayed my Gran-Gran. I don't know why but it doesn't sit well with me. I feel this strange pain and guilt suffocating me that I can't escape." Sokka confessed and stroked the princess's loose white locks. She frowned at the sudden grief in his voice. "I kind of understand. You know you can tell me anything, Sokka. I just...whatever happens, I'm here for you." Yue consoled him to the best of her ability. "But I-" He stammered as the tarts requested were brought into the room.

"I want you to know that what matters to me now is that we're back together, and you don't have to worry about capturing the Avatar to reclaim your honor. Or dying or us being apart forever. We have each other again and I'm not giving that up for anything, polar bear." Sokka frowned again, thinking about how badly he hurt Zuko. The innocent Fire Nation boy who trusted him so quickly only to be betrayed for his reputation. Yue noticed and planted a kiss on the prince's cheek. "Hey. I love you." The princess whispered sincerely. "I...love you too, Yue." Her boyfriend repeated and pressed his lips against hers.