Episode One, Part 1: ✓

New Life

In the clearing of trees outside of the Bunker, there was a towering, faded-yellow bus parked up. Wynn knew that it was waiting for him.

Before he could speculate where his family was being taken, or what was happening, or even have the chance to feel the blades of grass under his bare feet, he found himself being shoved forward again with no conception of where he was going.

After almost falling over, Wynn found his balance and knew that he had to find his family before anything else happened. He began pushing his way through the cluster of people from his Bunker, relieved at every one of them he saw, but none more than his younger siblings who stood on the far end of the mob, each holding tightly onto their mother.

"Wynn!" Martha yelled, pulling his siblings behind her as she fought to reach him.

Barely a second passed by before he was smothered in his mother's embrace, both of her arms wrapped tightly around him before her attention was once again demanded by Elara.

Wynn looked down at his sister, noticing a look of terror etched deep onto her features; an emotion stronger than anything he had ever seen on her.

At least he had been on the ground before, Wynn thought to himself, knowing that it put him at an advantage. He was five years old when he moved into the Bunker, but Elara was born inside - knowing nothing more to the world than the walls that surrounded her and how far her imagination could carry her past her childhood, bedtime stories. The terrifying and traumatic introduction to the rest of the world was something she was unprepared for and any opportunity she had with making peace with leaving home was violently stolen away from her.

"Wait..." Quill spoke from beside Wynn, trying to reign in his nerves long enough to form a coherent sentence. "Where's Dad and Ares?"

They all began to look around, scanning the faces of their friends and extended family for the two that were missing, growing more and more worried as each second passed until a loud, roar of commotion drew their attention back to the Bunker's entrance.

Everyone's heads turned in the same direction watching as Ares, Wynn's father, and Azha - the Chancellor of the Bunker - were all shoved towards the group with their wrists bound together in rope and their backs aching from the harsh pressure of a gun pressed against them.

Once again, Wynn's mother cried out in fear, not even sparing a thought for her own safety as she hurried over towards her husband, and eldest son, pulling them away from the peril of the weapons.

Ares let out a heavy breath, stepping past his parents and reaching Wynn, motioning for him to undo his restraints.

Wynn had to pull at them for several moments before they even managed to loosen up, wondering how if they were that tight, they hadn't managed to cut off Ares' blood flow.

Right as he was about to turn to their father and ask him what they were supposed to do - how they were going to fight back, how they were going to return to the Bunker - the girl who led the raid moved to stand in front of the bus, calling out for everyone to listen.

"There's no need to panic!" She said, hitting her fist on the side of the vehicle which ironically only made everyone more afraid of her. As if on cue, the door to the bus opened, alerting everyone to the man inside who was waiting to drive them away into their daunting fate. It was at that moment that Wynn suddenly felt the urge to look around, trying to see if there were any more people lurking in the bushes or hiding just out of sight.