Chapter 13

Going through the quantum realm felt like an extreme rollercoaster that you will never get used to but it's over before it even begins. Peter felt his feet touch solid ground and he couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief. Peter looked around to make sure everyone was alive and okay much to Peter's relief everyone was accounted for, team soul stone looked a little worse for wear but the fact that they were alive was all Peter needed.

"Does everyone have their stone?"

Peter asked the other teams. Captain Marvel pulled out the soul stone from her pocket, Natasha had the power stone in her hand, Rocket held the reality stone and The Wasp was holding the case with the tesseract in it.

"Okay, those who have stones put them in the containers by the quantum portal, and those who need first aid meet me in the med bay." Tony said sauntering off the platform casually.

The gaggle of superheroes slowly shuffled off the platform, one by one they dispersed for medical attention, went to drop off a stone, or just sat on the couches by the quantum platform not need to do either. Peter decided to follow Tony who was headed towards the med bay.

"So what do we do now that we have all the stones?" Tony asked once they sat down.

"I want to snap Thanos before he even arrives. If we tried to go head to head with him we could risk him getting the stones and completing his goal early." Peter said. Tony nodded in contemplation.

"Who's going to snap?" Tony questioned looking up at Peter. Peter looked around spotting Carol with a mere cut on her forehead. After going head to head with Thanos, she only got a cut.

"I want Captain Marvel to snap- her powers came from an infinity stone and she's insanely strong. She's probably the only one that can take all 6 stones with the least amount of damage to herself." Peter finished.

"Okay," Tony nodded. "Has she agreed to this yet?" Peter shook his head.

"No, I was going to soon though."

"Well, you should soon because I'm going to start putting the stones into the glove we made, okay?" Tony asked, rising from his seat. Peter nodded silently and watched as Tony left the med bay. A few minutes later Peter got up and awkwardly shuffled over to Carol who was chilling in a chair.

"Hey, Peter Parker, what's up?" She said, giving Peter a warm smile. Peter awkwardly shuffled his hands.

"Uh I have an important question for you, and you don't have to say yes, but it would be nice if you could?" Peter stammered. Carol gave Peter a confused but amused glance.

"What is it?" Carol asked.

"I want you to be the one that snaps. You're the strongest one here and statistically, you'd be able to take the stone's power better than anyone else can. If you want I can show you the math that proves it, let me go get it." Peter started to walk away but Carol grabbed his wrist.

"I'll do it. If you say that I can take it better than anyone else then I'll do it." Carol said firmly. Peter's shoulders sagged in relief and a shy smile broke out on his face.

"Thank you, Mrs. Danvers," Peter said gratefully.

"No problem Peter Parker." Carol smiled back.

Peter had been chatting with Carol in the chair next to her when Tony walked into the room. Tony sauntered over to the pair and put his hands in his pockets.

"The glove is ready, has Carol agreed to snap?" Tony questioned.

"Yes, I have." Answered Carol, leaning back in her chair.