Chapter Three; Mystery Man.

^ Rosie Price.

Back at the hospital. 

"Officer Cale." Mystery Man greets the man in front of me and I turn in disbelief.

Stepping out of the elevator and towards me he looks into my eyes briefly before stretching a hand out to the large frowning man now behind me. A man who heard him say I threatened a nurse. My father figure.

"Jace Knight Sir." He introduces and I'm still stuck on the 'Knight' part that I stand frozen as I watch my one night stand introduce himself to my Foster Father.

"Duncan Jones. Did I just hear you say Sutton threatened a nurse?" Pops says and I narrow my eyes with a groan at the question knowing nothing good can come from the answer.

"I wouldn't call it threaten.." I mutter and am rewarded by a blinding smile from Knight.

Knight.. Jesus.

"No harm done, Sutton was just anxious to see her sister." Knight says, emphasizing my name with a twinkle in his eye that I grit my teeth at.

"Speaking of, where is Rosie? Is she OK?" I question the man I've learned to love and admire.

A finger gets thrown up at my worries and I immediately frown at the gesture. "We will get to that In a minute." Pops says and I can recognize the tone anywhere. He's pissed.

Feeling like a teenager all over again, I fold my arms and roll my eyes.

"I'm sorry son, about Sutton's behavior she's always been a bit of a hot head. Are you security?" Pops asks Knight and I sputter in response.

What?

Son?!

Grinning cheekily over at me, I glare at Knight in warning. "No. No Sir, I was-" I cut off the giant man with an obnoxiously fake laugh.

Walking the few steps over to my- whatever you want to call him, I link my arm with his having to stand up extra straight just to reach.

"He was kind enough to drive me here." I finish looking between three very confused male faces.

"Isn't that right Jace?" I ask while pushing my elbow into his hard hip.

"It's Knight." Is all he says back and I frown in confusion.

"What?" I ask again, my arm still looped around his own.

"I don't go by Jace, just Knight." He says and before I can call him on such a stupid name Officer Cale pipes in.

"Knight is lead on a popular case for us, he's-" Cale the young deputy is shut up by Knight stepping forward and speaking.

"I work in Private Security." He finishes.

"Ah, good man." Pops says with a slap to Knights back.

I'm so flabbergasted by all of this that I blurt out one of many thoughts going through my head. Turning to the only man dressed in uniform I wave my hand down his body.

"What is a cop doing here anyways?" I ask Cale. A familiar man, one who I've had the pleasure of dating during my first year of college.

Turning from Knight, Cale meets my eye and smirks his charming smile.

"Nice to see you as well Sutton." He greets and I mentally gag at his fuck me eyes. Been there done that.

"Cale was called to investigate a disturbance call. A party." Duncan says and I immediately know where this is going.