Chapter 15; 'War Room.'

Two days later;

"Griffin seriously? Need I remind you I am a grown ass woman. I don't need bodyguards and house arrest. I need some sort of normalcy!" 

My brother growls, yes growls, into the phone before interrupting my next rant. 

"And need I remind you, that your house got broken into? Please, let me do this for you. Just until we catch who did it." He pleads with a gruff tone.

I sigh hating that he's right. 

"Why does this keep getting worse?" I muter not expecting a reply.

It's a valid question. I feel as though I've been on house arrest for months now. It's not just a parked police car outside my building anymore, the last few days I've been introduced to multiple agents assigned to twenty four seven Sutton watch. 

Or at least that's what I assume they call it.

And I've been forbidden to leave the premises. At least without clearing it from my brother first. I feel like a trapped woman and it's making me go crazy.

"It wont be forever. Just humor me with this." Griffin sighs.

"Fine."

Getting off the phone with my brother I think over the last few days. Griffin was right when he said someone would come and fix my door. The day after Rosie and I spent with Cassie and Matt I came home to a brand new door installed and a promise that a new security system was coming next. Curtesy of my over protective big brother.

Walking heavy footed down the hall I bring my freshly laundered clothing into my closet and stop when I catch my reflection in the mirror.

Staring wide eyed I frown, not completely recognizing the girl staring back at me.

She reminds me of my past. A past I've come so far to forget. My reflection shows the broken girl I tried so hard to over come.

And I hate it.

I've been running. All these years, trying on knew versions of myself but never being satisfied with the result. Trying so hard to be someone others desperately need that I now have no idea who I really am.

I like being the sole guardian of my sister. I get off on the fact that she needs me as much as I need her. And I was really proud of the life that I made for us. I'm a great big sister, a hard worker and a compassionate friend.

But is that all?

So yes, although I was staring at myself in the mirror. I wasn't really paying attention. Not like all those other woman my age, in their late twenties and early thirties who look at their physical appearances with regret or admiration.

No, I'm looking at myself lost. Trying to find that person I once was, before my dad died. No longer wanting to grieve my old self I try and do what I never had the courage to do from the start, I clean the slate. Starting fresh. No more feeling like the battered, used daughter my mother tried her hardest to destroy or the weak, older sister forced to grow up and be everything for someone. If the past events taught me anything it was how precious life is and this new and improved Sutton Price was going to take chances, not be so reckless with both her and sisters life and enjoy the hell out of living while she can.

With that positive mind set, I plaster a wide clown like smile on my face and cringe when I see the result in the mirror. 

Yikes.

With that thought, I hear a loud rhythmic knock on my front door.

"Coming" I yell. Throwing on my discarded sweater and slipping on my fluffy monkey slippers. A Christmas present from Cassie.