Beach Tagger

Prompt: A beach day with Shawn gets momentarily interrupted by fans when the two of you say 'I love you' for the first time

Thank you all for reading!!! Drop a comment below or come say hiiiii to me on Tumblr!! @lonelyreputation / https://lonelyreputation.tumblr.com !

Warnings: None :) 

Word Count: 4.6k | Fluff

---

"And I'm telling you," you took your bike out of the garage and put the kick stand in place before turning around to face Shawn, "It'll be less crowded on second street."

Shawn took hold of the handlebars of your brother's bike and rolled it out, "But you said that there weren't any shops or restaurants down that end."

Once Shawn was out of the garage, you walked over to the electric security pad that had control to open and close the doors. You dialed in the digits of your grandma and grandpa's birthday and watched the pad light up green as the garage doors began coming down.

"Do you want to get noticed?"

Shawn stood quietly for a few moments. It was day three of your five day mini-vacation visiting your grandma at her beach house and Shawn had yet to be spotted. The two of you were granted privacy with the house being located on the back bay. During the days you could swim, kayak, and paddle board without anyone bothering the two of you––besides your cousins and family.

It was all very serene; lounging around the family bay house, with your boyfriend, that you had spent every summer at. You had given Shawn a tour on the first day of all the essential places you spent most of your time as a kid. You took him by the best pizza shop in town, best ice-cream parlor, the soccer field you had camp at when you were ten, the alley way you turned down when you broke your wrist, and where you had your first job selling popcorn on the boardwalk.

The beach town was something straight out of a Nicholas Sparks novel, a tiny quaint town where everyone knew each other's business, but that didn't stop the reality of Shawn's persona. The first few days of the week were fine, you were able to take Shawn out to the boardwalk without anyone noticing him with his sunglasses and hat, but now it was the weekend. And the weekend meant that everyone from the mainland and bordering states would make the two hour drive down to the beach for a little getaway.

The beach town would be crawling with girls who would no doubt spend every minute of their weekend hunting for Shawn.

Finally, he shrugged his shoulders, "I guess you're right."

You didn't like the dejected tone of his voice. So you left you bike and walked over to him. He was toying with the gear shift on the bike when you placed your hand on top of his, "If we get hungry we can bike down––or even walk––it's not that far, promise."

A small smile made its way onto his face as he flipped his hand over to squeeze your hand, "Sounds good."

"Good," you smiled as you removed your hand and went back to your bike. You kicked the kick stand up and lifted yourself up on the bike, "It's like a 3 mile ride––" Shawn's jaw dropped, "––It's all on flat ground!" You defended the mileage and gave him a once over, "And besides, you're in shape, you can handle it."

Shawn smirked as he slightly lowered his black sunglasses, "Checking me out, y/n?"

Even though Shawn was your boyfriend, you still blushed profusely, "I––Well, yeah. Yeah, I was."