"Cuts!" (Dad!Shawn)

Prompt: Your son runs on the stage in the midst of Shawn performing during a concert

Warnings: None

I hope you all enjoy! Thank you for reading!! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Feel free to say hiii below or pop on over to my tumblr: https://lonelyreputation.tumblr.com

Word Count: 3.1K | Fluff

____

You'd never forget the feeling the first time Shawn asked you to watch one of his shows side stage. You were just nineteen, hopelessly enamored with the boy who played guitar, that looked back at you after every song. And to reassure him, you always gave him a thumbs up.

And you'd never forget the day where you first watched a show with his family and friends. You were twenty-one, not knowing how it took you this long to watch a show with his family and friends, but then again, a relationship between an international pop-star and a university student was a bit challenging. You sang with his mom, kept your voice low as you talked with his dad about how proud both of you were of him, and held Aaliyah's hand as the two of you danced around.

Then later on in your relationship, you eventually invited your friends and family to see Shawn perform. And soon after that, it was both of your families watching Shawn from the side stage. And even after years of watching him, he still looked back at you after every song, and you still gave him a reassuring thumbs up.

And now with being married to Shawn...It was time to take your son––Jake––to his father's shows and watch from the side stage.

It was a very hot and muggy summer night as Shawn played an amphitheater somewhere in the United States. While you and Shawn wanted to have your kid live a normal life as much as possible, that meant not traveling around with Shawn for the entirety of tour. Jake was five and had his own little world of sports, making friends, and summer camps in Toronto.

You always thought standing side stage was the best view. With the crew members rushing by, Cez off to the side mumbling into his headset, and Andrew typing on his phone while glancing up every once in a while...It made you feel like you were nineteen again.

Caught up in your own nostalgia of when you first dated Shawn, you almost didn't feel the tug on your shorts.

Looking down, you smiled at your son who was an exact replica of his dad with his straight brown hair––that you knew would curl as he got older––and a smile that you would do anything for.

You bent down to his height and smiled, "Yeah?"

"Hungry!" He shouted at you while pointing to his stomach. With the protective headphones you and Shawn made him wear, he was compensating for not being able to hear his voice loud enough, which made you chuckle.

You nodded your head, placed your hands on your knees before standing up, and reached a hand out for him to take. He gripped his little hand around yours and you felt your heart swell up because how on earth did you and Shawn make an absolute perfect person.

Walking back to the dressing room for the snacks, Jake would either enthusiastically high-five or fist bump every crew member he saw. The smile on his face when they reciprocated his high-five made your heart swell even more. Jake was just like your husband in that sense, always loving the attention he got from people.

Once you made it to Shawn's dressing room, Jake pointed at his protective headphones, "Mommy! Can I take these off!"

With a soft laugh, you nodded your head as you walked over, taking them off for him. Once his headphones were off, he made a dash to the table in the back.