Ch 40: The Announcement

Delicious aroma of cooked meat hit Jimin's nose as he curled himself on the small nest he had made for himself in the living room. He was lying on top of a bear fur mat on the floor with Jungkook's clothes draped on his petite body. The refreshing scent of his mate helped him during the morning sickness. Soothing his nerves and making the process far less painful.

It had been two days since their afternoon 'adventure' in the kitchen and since then his omega had been purring non stop. He couldn't stop purring, the moment Jungkook showed him even the slightest hint of affection, his omega purred yearning for more.

Aria had asked the couple to be close to each other as much as possible during pregnancy. It was important for the pregnant wolf to be close to his mate as in the initial stages as the wolf's body is still trying to adjust to the new change. During the process of adjustment the omega goes through a lot of pain and discomfort. Change in food habits, a constant lingering discomfort in the lower abdomen and sometimes unexpected discharge of slick are the most common symptoms of early pregnancy. The Alpha's pheromones and touch is a very effective remedy as it helps the Omega's wolf stay calm during the adjustment period.

So that's why Jimin followed wherever Jungkook went, so that explained the small nest he made for himself in the living room so he could be close to his mate as the older prepared food.

'Mmmm~' Jimin hummed as he turned his face towards the kitchen door catching a glimpse of Jungkook's bare back. Phoenix and Eclipse were snuggled up on the Omega's stomach enjoying his sweet warmth as they slept. 

Today they will be announcing this wonderful news to their friends and family. So the two decided to call them for lunch at their hut, and then they'll announce the news of pregnancy.

From last night Jimin had been feeling weaker than usual. Every food he intakes, he hurls it out the very next second. Only yesterday night he had sweet corn soup for dinner but he emptied it out of his system by midnight. 

The only thing he can drink now is warm water, it somehow soothes the pain. So when he volunteered to make lunch for the guests Jungkook had immediately refused. After a lot of bickering, Jimin finally agreed to Jungkook's decision.

'Sweetheart you are not well. Let me cook for them today, you can cook any other day okay?' Jungkook had said gently caressing the Omega's lower belly temporarily soothing the discomfort down there while Jimin purred under the Alpha's touch falling asleep in his mate's warm embrace.

Today morning when Jungkook returned from the Hunt, the first thing he did was to make a small nest in the living room for his mate. After he had made the nest with sufficient pillows and blankets he had called down his mate to show him. Needless to say, the blue eyed omega bursted into tears, at Jungkook's thoughtfulness. The Moon Goddess had really blessed him.

'Jimin-ah how are you feeling now?' Jungkook asked, coming out from the kitchen, his chest sweaty and his hands slightly wet from washing the utensils he used for cooking.

'I'm feeling a lot better hyung, thank you for the soup' Jimin whispered in a soft voice, his eyelids heavy with sleep, the warmth of his nest cocooning his petite body silently lulling him to sleep.

'Of course my love. Now rest while I take a bath. They'll be arriving soon, it's past mid-day' Jungkook whispered softly while stooping down beside his mate to pick up the empty bowl which previously cradled sweet daisy soup in it. Jimin hummed softly as he let sleep overpower his senses making Jungkook smile at him with affection.

The Alpha took a bath and changed into comfortable clothing. He went downstairs after he got ready and fed the pets before waking his beautiful mate up.