ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕖

(A/N: just wanted to inform you taehyung is 9 year older in this chapter and jungkook is 8, and as the story goes they turn 19 and 18, and if you want me to make their age or intro chapter, just let me know.)
__________________________
Author's pov
Rewritten
_________

—Kim's mansion—

Cute little nine-year-old Taehyung was snuggled up in bed beside his older brother, Baekhyun. The room was quiet, and for a moment, everything seemed peaceful. But then, Taehyung started to fidget in his sleep. His small body twisted and turned, and soon, he was throwing tiny punches in the air.

"No," he muttered, his voice trembling with fear. His breathing grew heavy, and tears began to roll down his cheeks as his nightmare intensified. "NO! D-don't... don't hurt him... n-no, please..."

Baekhyun, half-awake, noticed his little brother's distress and quickly tried to rouse him. He shook Taehyung gently, whispering his name. But instead of waking up, Taehyung's cries grew louder, and his small fists clenched tighter.

"No! No! Please, NO! GGUKK!!!!!!" Taehyung screamed, his eyes suddenly snapping open. He was breathing heavily, his chest rising and falling rapidly as he looked around in panic. "He killed him... he killed him, hyung," he cried, his voice breaking as fresh tears spilled down his cheeks.

Baekhyun pulled Taehyung into a tight hug, trying to soothe him. "Tae, what are you talking about? Who was killed? Who are you talking about?" he asked, his own heart aching at seeing his little brother so terrified.

It took a few minutes for Taehyung to calm down. When he finally did, he pulled away slightly, reaching for the glass of water on the bedside table. His hands were trembling as he drank, trying to steady himself. "I had the same nightmare again, hyung," he whispered, his voice shaky.

Baekhyun stroked Taehyung's hair gently, offering whatever comfort he could. "I know, Tae. I could see that," he said softly, hugging him again. "Tae, I know you've been having these nightmares since you were six, but you've never told me what they're about. What do you see in them?"

Taehyung took a deep breath, trying to piece together the fragments of his dreams. "I don't know, hyung. I can't remember anything clearly," he admitted, his eyes downcast. "It's just... there are two boys running, and then someone shoots one of them. After that, the other boy hugs him. That's when I always wake up, and I feel this pain in my chest."

He paused, rubbing at his chest as if the ache lingered even now. "I don't remember their faces, hyung. They're always blurred. I can't make them out."

Baekhyun's heart broke at his brother's words. He tightened his arms around Taehyung, wishing he could do more to help. "It's okay, Tae. Just calm down and try to sleep," he said, his voice soothing. "I'm right here with you."

The two brothers lay back down, Baekhyun holding Taehyung close until the younger boy's breathing slowed and his tears finally dried. Before long, they both drifted off to sleep again, still wrapped in each other's arms.

The Next Morning Baekhyun tried to tell their parents about Taehyung's nightmares the next day, but they were too busy with their business trips and meetings to pay attention. Their son's struggles went unnoticed, and Taehyung continued to suffer in silence, clinging to his brother for comfort in the darkness.

—namjin house—

Little Jungkook was nestled between his parents, Namjoon and Jin, but his peaceful slumber was shattered by the same haunting nightmares that had plagued him since he was six years old. His tiny body tensed, and suddenly, he began to thrash in his sleep, his small voice breaking the quiet of the night.