𝕎𝕖𝕕𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔻𝕒𝕪

Taehyung's pov
Rewritten
___________

GROOM RESTROOM

They say weddings are meant to be the happiest day of someone's life—a union of two souls. But as I stood in the groom's restroom, staring at my reflection, I could only think about how my life was falling apart.

"How unlucky can I be to marry someone I don't love?" I muttered, watching my own reflection, hollow and defeated.

Tears escaped before I even realized they were falling. My chest felt tight, like I'd lost every part of myself. Dropping to the floor, I choked out a prayer. "Why, God? What did I do to deserve this? If I've made mistakes, punish me, but don't take away the one person I love."

I was so lost in my grief that I didn't notice the door open.

"Son, stop crying."

I looked up, startled, to see my father standing over me. His expression softened as he knelt down and hugged me. "I can't stand seeing you like this," he said gently. "I'm doing this for your own good."

For my own good? His words made me sick. How could he be so blind, so selfish?

"Really, Dad?" I spat, pulling away. "If you can't stand to see me like this, then why are you forcing me to marry Jennie? You know I love Jungkook. You know that!"

He didn't respond immediately. He just looked at me with those cold, unfeeling eyes. No regret, no remorse.

"How can you be so selfish?" I asked, my voice trembling with rage.

His expression hardened. "Selfish? You think I'm doing this for myself?" He scoffed. "I'm doing this for you, Taehyung. To protect you."

"Protect me?" I laughed bitterly. "This isn't protection. This is a prison sentence."

Ignoring my words, he stood up and straightened his suit. "Wash your face. We have to go. Everyone's waiting."

Without another glance, he walked out of the room, leaving me alone with my broken reflection. I forced myself to get up, splash water on my face, and fix my hair. I didn't even recognize the person staring back at me anymore.

When I finally stepped out, my father was waiting, his hand outstretched. I didn't want to take it, but I knew I didn't have a choice. His grip was firm as he led me out into the chaos of the wedding hall.

————————————-
-WEDDING VENUE-

————————————--WEDDING VENUE-