Prologue

Aidan exited the boys' bathroom. Not feeling like learning Math first thing in the morning, he headed to the back of the school. Who would have thought the school nerd would ditch a class?

Enjoying the feel of the gentle autumn breeze on his face he decided to relax. He sat down at a corner, took out a stick of cigarette from the packet in his bag, and began to smoke. He took a long drag then slowly let it out. He leaned on the wall and closed his eyes as he took in the calm and serene moment.

He was slowly drifting into a state of oblivion when he heard what sounded like someone crying. He tried to ignore it but instead, it got louder. Out of curiosity, he got up and followed the sound. He traced the crying voice to a blonde-haired figure curled up in a ball. Not knowing what to do he asked

"Are you ok?"

The girl looked up, eyes red and puffy from crying and her make-up smeared.
Aidan's eyes widened as he recognized the girl.

Melody Carmichael glared at him, "Get lost nerd".

Aidan who isn't good with crying people, especially girls, should be glad to leave. But he surprised himself and sat down next to her. Melody looked up again.

"I thought I told you to get lost?!"

"You did" Aidan replied, not sparing her a glance.

"Well, what are you still doing here?!"

Melody was already having a bad day. The last thing she needed right now is having to explain herself to some random guy who refuses to mind his business.

Aidan didn't reply instead he took another drag of his cigarette. Melody scrunched up her face in disgust.

"You smoke?"

Aidan shrugs, "It's relaxing"

"It's disgusting" Melody stated.

They both sat in silence, enjoying each other's company. After a while, Melody said,

"You better not tell anyone about this or I'll be sure to make every single day you spend in this school a living hell!"

Now that's the Melody the whole of Covey High sees every day.
Nevertheless, Aiden was unbothered by her threats.

"Wasn't planning on"

Melody looked at him strangely but doesn't say anything.

They stayed there together, none of them uttering a single word. Aiden has never been one to involve himself in issues concerning others and has always avoided people much as he could.

But something about this encounter with Melody got him intrigued. He wanted to know what happened to her. He wanted to know who the real Melody Carmichael was. He was determined to find out what she hides Underneath Her Make-up

A/N: Hey guys! For my old readers, I'm rewriting this book so there are gonna be a lot of changes.
To my new readers, welcome!
🤗
This is my first book so go easy on me 😬
Anyway, what do you think about this?

Don't forget to Like and Comment! Ilysm! 💓💓💓