CHAPTER 2

Pic of Aiden above ^^

Aidan's POV:

Melody kept stealing glances at me during chemistry class and I on the other hand pretended not to notice. Honestly speaking, I wasn't paying any attention. Mr. Boone began to bore me so I zoned out halfway through the lesson.

I jolt at the sound of the screeching bell. Now fully awakened, I realize the class is already over.
Gathering my things, I cringe as Mr. Boone attempts to make a joke. Keyword "attempts". He starts laughing, thinking it's funny but is completely ignored by students rushing out of the class probably thanking whatever they pray to at night that the class is over. I feel sad for the old man. I leave the class too, hoping for his sake he accepts the fact that making jokes isn't his thing.

The rest of the classes went agonizingly slow with each one worse than the last. Every second felt like an hour. Thankfully it's lunchtime. With the tray of food in my hands, I head to my usual table the one at the very end. No one besides me sits there and I don't mind at all. I never liked people anyway.

I eat peacefully as my eyes lazily glide across the room but eventually stop at a particular table. There she is, Melody Carmichael, getting all the attention as usual. The three tables at the center of the room are always packed with jocks and cheerleaders, though there is one table where the 'popular kids' sit.

It's like a sacred table that not just anyone is allowed or invited to sit. Only a specific group sits there.
Melody is always at that table with her boyfriend, Daniel Cooper, who is sitting next to her. Daniel is just your typical high school jock with blonde hair and a cocky attitude.

Next to Daniel is Dax Taylor. Dax's popularity comes from his looks. He's biracial, Indian, and German. His unique appearance and cool fashion sense make girls obsess over him.

Jake Rhodes, who is standing in the middle of the crowd is dark-skinned. He is always in the middle, always the one that has something to say. It's like he never runs out of words. He probably also knows everybody in the school because he talks to everyone and anyone.

Sitting at Melody's left side is Allison Miller and Zoey Olvera. I don't know much about these two, except they're always seen with Melody. They are also very popular. Every guy in Covey High dreams of dating them especially as Melody is off the singles list.

Next to Zoey is Logan Carlos. Also in the school's football team, Logan is just as popular. He has a twin sister Lola, though she's never seen with her brother.

Finally, Grayson Adams. I have never heard him say a word. He is always mute and has this blank look on his face all the time. His hair is the palest blonde that can be easily mistaken as white. His pale blue eyes and very white skin gives him a distinct look that makes him stand out in the crowd.

"Hey Bestie"

I look up to see Alexa Morris, the only person in this school that can't seem to leave me alone.

"Can I sit?"

"If I say no will you leave ?"

"Nope"

I roll my eyes as she makes herself comfortable beside me. I look at the same table again, only this time at Melody. Who would know this same girl who looks like she's got everything under control was the same one I saw crying hysterically behind the school looking so vulnerable and broken.

"She's hot isn't she?"

I turn to Alex with a confused look on my face

"I mean Melody Carmichael"

I only shrug. Alex has never been the one to be attracted to guys.

"One day I'm gonna kiss her"

I scoff, "Yeah, good luck with that"

She turns to me, "You know, this is why I'm your only friend"

"Never said we were friends"

She sighs and rubs her forehead, "Why do I even try ?"

"So..." she starts talking again.
"We both have a free period after lunch. What are we gonna do?"

"I will go to the library. YOU, will not follow"

"Your joking right?"

I turn to my food, not saying anything. Alexa sighs. She picks up the orange on her tray and starts to peel.

"Dexter is out of jail"

I immediately stop eating and turn to her.

"He got out last week. They say the real killer was found so he was set free", she said smiling brightly.

Alexa has two older siblings. I don't know much about her sister except that she left the country with her boyfriend while she was still in college. No one has heard from her ever since.

After their parents got divorced, Dexter also left home while Alexa lived with her dad. Dexter got involved with the wrong people and was framed for murder. All this happened almost three years ago and he's been in jail since then.

Alexa left her father and moved to her Aunt's house. She's been living there ever since. I know all this because we used to be neighbors. I didn't know she moved through. I was away for a year due to personal reasons, when I came back, she was gone.
However, we saw each other again at school.

"He just opened a tattoo shop and I wanted to drop by after school", she said smiling.

" Wanna come? You can get a new tat for free"

"Fine".

Alexa stares at me. I focus on my food, trying to ignore her. But she keeps staring and I start to get annoyed.

"What?"

She smiles, "You care about me don't you?"

"No, I don't"

"Liar! You like me", she laughs and nudges me playfully.

I just roll my eyes.

A\N: Hey guys! What do you think of this chapter?

If you wanna see more, give me a thumbs up in the comments. 👍

Also, random question, what's your fav fruit?

Let me know in the comments below.
Don't forget to vote ilysm!
<333 😘