The Prince

I heard intimate footsteps behind me.

"Fall." I knew my tone would grind through his ears.

"Tealie." The princes' rooted voice was nothing like mine. It had an earthy flavor to it that made my reception seem petty.

"Going somewhere?" He purred, catching up to walk in stride with me.

"Yes, in fact, I am. I am not one of your collectables. It should not surprise you that I am capable of leaving your company when I please."

"You defense is admirable. But you're staying. My palace owns you." He spoke as if he were rattling off dinner plans.

"For now."

"For always." He responded, his melodic voice was full of unrecognized passion. "Be mine completely. Do you need to think about it longer? Imagine all I could give you."

"I will not be an excuse to throw your gold around." Hurt kindled in Tealie's golden amber and dull blue eyes. He turned away from the raven haired man.

"Who else would have you as I would?" I do care for you a little more than you're aware of." Fall growled, a damaged look on his face. "Your prince is capable of love."

The blonde frowned, turning to head back to the room the prince had given him. Fall seized his arm, holding him in place and making the smaller male flinch.

"I don't need anyone to protect me, Fall." he murmured. "I'll think on it longer." He pulled away. "If it will please the prince." he sighed, leaving Fall standing alone in the corridor.