-12-

I had begun to trust these brats. A little. 

We have been travelling together for 3 months now, and Luffy had been bugging me to join the crew since my fight with Zoro.

I sipped ice tea leaning against the bow. After initial bouts of sea-sickness, I had started enjoying sea-life since a month ago. The cool, moist breeze felt wonderful on my skin, though Nami would reprimand me for exposing my skin to direct wind, without skincare.

Coming to think of it, whenever we meet, the Kenshi makes a weird face and avoids me.

I don't really mind, but it creeps me out. Actually, I do mind a little. It's embarrassing, but he was the first person I connected with after a long time, and I kinda missed him. 

Not too desperately though! He can avoid me all he wants!!

"Nala-chwaaaaaaaaaan!!!" I heard Sanji's drawled out call.

Even though he's perverted, I quite like him.

The food he makes.... it makes me drool.

Anyway, life here is very peaceful and cheery compared to when I was alone.

I'm still alone. A voice in my head reminded me.

Ryuna and Thunder come onto the ship occasionally; for food or to meet me. Each time Usopp( the long-nosed one) and the captain try to grab onto their wings and other such antics.

Ryuna quite likes the attention actually. In some ways, she's just like me.

She sometimes gave a short ride, on which they screamed their heads off, adding to the jolly atmos.

Well, it makes no difference, right?

I turned my attention to Sanji, "What."

"wOuLd YoU TrY tHe NeW dEsErT!!" he spoke with ulterior motives.

I sighed, knowing I wouldn't be able to resist.

"Sure."

"Sexy and direct!!" He exclaimed with blood dripping from his nose.

He was getting on my nerves now. But this was the first time someone had called me....sexy.

So I might have blushed a little. Ugh, I knew he wasn't going to let this go.

" N-Nala- chwaaaan is b-blushing because of meeee!!!! Ne, Nala-chwaan have you fallen for meeee!!!" He screamed with more blood.

My cheeks burned once more and I pulled up my mask. 

"Fuck off. After getting me the desert." I retorted.

Nami and Usopp snickered nearby.

Sanji came over and was about to hand me the desert- but he tripped.

More like someone tripped him. It was the Kenshi.

His eyes darted towards mine, and he made a shocked expression, like a deer caught in a headlight.

"What's your problem, Marimo-shithead!" Sanji's voice gave him an excuse to look away, and his expression returned to the usual glare.

"What the hell did you say!?" The Kenshi cursed.

And then the usual began. Kicks and swords.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quickly exited the fight-sight.

I was upset about my desert, but my thoughts kept returning to the Kenshi.

Just why in the world was he acting like this?

I wanted to know. Desperately. It had been more than two weeks of this hide-n-seek, and I was sick of it.

I had to corner him where he couldn't run. The crow's nest seemed perfect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My plan was simple. I set a trap. As soon as he would step on it, it would pull him up, and a bell would ring. Only I would hear it, due to my super hearing.

It went just as expected. 

I heard the bell ding, and made excuses and ran to the crow's nest.

The Kenshi dangled from the trap.

Believe me, he could easily escape it, but he would have to bend in an embarrassing way, so he just chose to dangle with dignity. Pfft.

"Zoro, I have questions."

"Hah?"

"Why are you avoiding me?"

"Tch." He looked away, his eyelids fluttering a little.

"I'll call Sanji if you don't answer. And you know that he will never, never let you live this down." I threatened.

He still refused to budge. Slight rocking of the ship, made him go like a pendulum.

It was a pitiful sight, so I sighed, and let him down.

I surely knew how to get things out, but for some reason, I didn't want to use those methods. I released him. Not that he was that special or anything!

He jumped down and rolled. He stood up and removed the dust, his eyes fixed on me.

"You really wanna know, or not? ", he huffed, breaking eye contact and raising one corner of his mouth.

"Isn't that obvious, Zoro-kun?" I pleaded, despite myself.

Earlier I would have been fine. But now that I knew this guy, somehow I didn't want to let go of his company. Being with him felt, comfortable, and that really meant something.

A/n:

Hey readers!! Thank you for reading.

I'm not going to follow the one piece plot, and do my own thing.

I hope you don't mind :)

What do you think Zoro's gonna say ;)

-Terrawarrior999