Chapter 28 Something in his eyes

It was the day of the finale part of the Chunnin exams, Naruto made it and realized Sasuke wasn't there yet. The proctor showed the Gennins the fights that will happen and they realized that a match was canceled and Dosu from the sound was no longer in the fights. "Wait, the Dosu guy isn't on here, did something happen to him?" asked Shikamaru. "Well apparently something did happen to him so he's no longer in the fights." replied the proctor. Everyone went to the side and the proctor called Naruto and Neiji down. The 2 started battling and Naruto seemed like he was loosing, or, he was loosing. Neiji ended up telling Naruto about the cage bird seal and his father, Naruto knew he did feel bad for Neiji but there were other people too that had suffered.

"You think you're the only one that's suffering? Look at Hinata, she's been trying for a long time and she doesn't want to give up on becoming strong. The branch family is suppose to protect the main family right? But you were hurting Hinata in the preliminaries and wanted to kill her not like the so called destiny you were suppose to fulfill protecting her, deep down inside you wanted to change that fate too. And you know what? Screw fate, I don't believe in those things. Even if people reject me and call me a failure and my destiny's already decided then I'll twist that fate and become the Hokage. When I'm the Hokage, I promise I'll change the way of the Hyuga for you." said Naruto then they started fighting again, Naruto ended up using Kurama's chakra that shocked a few people.

 A bit later, they both were lying on the ground then Neiji got up a smiled, but...Naruto came up from the ground and punched Neiji's chin and knocked him to the ground. A Jounnin there smiled at Naruto and thought, 'Always thinking of the next move is how a shinobi should act to assure their win. This kid is going to become a great shinobi.'  Neiji lay on the ground with a smile after seeing the Naruto laying on the ground was actually a shadow clone.

"You used your favorite move to finish up huh?" said Neiji.

"Actually, I've failed many times to graduate and become a Gennin at the finale test. There was always one test that I sucked at the most. It was the finale test, the Clone jutsu making test, I was never able to make a perfect clone." said Naruto smiling then he walked away to the side to watch the next match. People started booing but then the Hokage silenced then. Neiji's eyes widened and thought back to the words Naruto just said 'Uzumaki Naruto huh? He's right, I wanted to deny fate, and I still want deny it. It seemed like my father's death was making me believe in something like that is stupid. Other people has suffered too, even Hinata-sama but, Naruto, you're the one carrying the biggest burden in this village aren't you?.'  thought Neiji. When Neiji was in the resting room, Hiashi(Hinata's dad and bioligical Neiji's uncle) came in and gave Neiji a scroll from Hizashi, Neiji's father and Hiashi's twin brother. Hiashi even explained everything about why his father had to die and how he tried to stop him and they made up.

Back to the stadium. "Can Gaara of the desert and Uchiha Sasuke of the Leaf please come down." said the proctor. Gaara came down but Sasuke who hasn't arrived wasn't there. The proctor looked at the Hokage. "The match of Gaara of the desert and Uchiha Sasuke of the leaf will be postponed for later." said the proctor. Gaara went back to his spot on the side of the arena.

Gaara POV

I watched the blonde haired boy fight, he's different, there's something about him that I feel I should know the best out of everyone. He walked back to the side of the arena and I was still looking at him. We made eye contact and I saw something in his eyes, it was very fade but it still there, it felt familiar, what is it in his eyes? I quickly broke our eye contact and the proctor called me and the Uchiha down to battle, I made it down but the Uchiha wasn't here so they decided to postpone the match so I walked back up. Is the Uchiha scared or something? Mother wants his blood so he better not back out. But either way I will get his blood for mother.

"Can Aburame Shino of the Leaf and Kankuro of the desert come down." said the proctor. 'Damn, he's not here yet.'  thought Kankuro. "I forfeit the match." said Kankuro. The crowd started booing but then soon stopped. "Aburame Shino wins due to forfeit." said the proctor. The next battle was Shikamaru and Temari, it first looked like Shikamaru had a disadvantage but then he used his big Nara brain and made a strategy but he soon decided to forfeit because he said he was low on chakra. 

"Winner, Temari of the desert due to forfeit." said the proctor.

"Wait!" said Temari. Shikamaru started walking away but then stopped in his tracks.

"What?" asked Shikamaru.

"Why did you forfeit, you were probably gong to win." asked Temari.

"Because I was low on chakra and this is troublesome." said Shikamaru then he walked away. 'Naras.' thought some people then they sweat dropped. Then Sasuke appeared with Kakashi.

"Hey I hope we're not late." said Kakashi.

"Don't worry you're right on time, we postponed the match for you." said the proctor. Sasuke looked around at the stadium to find a specific someone then he came across a beautiful pair of blue eyes.

"Hey dobe, did you win your match?" asked Sasuke happy that he could see the blonde after a month of not being able to see him.

"Yeah you bet teme! You better win as well." said Naruto giving Sasuke a thumbs up.

"Don't worry I will, you don't need to tell me." said Sasuke. Kakashi shunshinned into a seat next to Guy and the other senseis and started watching the battle. Sasuke couldn't land a hit on the red head since the sand wouldn't let him. Then, a spark of lighting started to charge up in his hand and he started running at the red head. "Chidori!" yelled Sasuke then he attacked Gaara. The senseis and shinobis that were watching were shocked because the raven has just used one of Kakashi's signature move, the senseis soon turned to Kakashi, "You taught him that!?" asked Kurenai, "Well, he had a tough oppenant so I decided to teach him it." replied Kakashi, the sensei's all face palmed except guy because Kakashi just taught a Gennin the chidori. Gaara started panicking, "BLOOD! IT'S MY BLOOD NO!" yelled Gaara then he started turning into a beast and ran away. Then they heard a loud BOOM!

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

!DISCLAIMER: Naruto does not belong to me!