Chapter 5

It was evening. Time for the wedding. Kartik was mesmerized on seeing naira. She was looking gorgeous. Due to bad weather the baarat started from inside the house.

The varmala was done and the main rituals were going on. Kartik had found the shoes with the help of mansi, mishti, kuhu and luv kush. Everything was going fine until the police came. Kartik noticed the sudden change in naira's behaviour on seeing the police. It wasn't the first time he was seeing this. He had seen her such behaviour in Rishikesh also. He came forward.

Kartik :- ye kya ho raha hai ?

Everyone looked at him. He came near the inspector who recognised him.

Inspector :- arey kartik ji aap ?

Kartik :- dekhiye. Aapko koi galat fehmi hui hai. Aisa kuch bhi nahi hai jaise aap samagh rahe hai.

Inspector :- lekin–

Kartik :- kabhi kabhi galtiyan ho jaati hai. Lekin agar aap chahe toh mein commisioner uncle se aapki baat karva sakta hoon.

Inspector :- uski zaroorat nahi hai. Aapne keh diya, utna bahut hai. Par aage se dhyaan rakhiyega. Hum log toh Goenka's ko jaante hai par agar koi aur hota toh shayad pata nahi kaise behave karta.

Kartik just nodded and thanked him. The police went and the dowry matter was cleared.

Akshara :- kartik. Beta ek baar phir se tumhara thank you.

Kartik :- arey koi baat nahi. Ismein thank you kaisa. Meri behen ki shaadi hai, koi problem nahi honi chahiye.

The marriage continued. After the rituals when mishti asked kartik about naira, naira had shouted at mishti. When kartik asked her, naira had cried and hugged kartik causing him to be greatly concerned. This was the first time he was seeing naira in such state. She was about to tell him the reason when kuhu came. Naira just went from there giving him a smiled. Kartik knew that smile was a fake.

He came back to the main hall where everyone was present. The wedding couple took blessings from everyone. Chandu came and asked about the stuff which he had brought for Martha causing everyone to look at each other.

Devyani :- kyun na ek kaam karein. Ye hum Rishikesh vaale ashram phocha de, Yash aur rose ke naam se.

Rukmini :- haa Devyani behen, ye apne thik kaha.

Akshara :- baat toh thik hai, par Rishikesh vaale nahi, aur kahin, ab vahan in sab ki koi zaroorat nahi padegi.

Everyone looked akshara. Naira started to get a bit angry knowing the condition of the ashram. She was about to speak up when naksh spoke.

Naksh :- par kyun maa?

Akshara :- iska jabab kartik se pucho.

Everyone looked at him surprised. Kartik just smiled.

Mansi :- mughe pata hai bhai kuch nahi bolenge, toh mein batati hoon. Actually jiss ashram ki aunty baat kar rahi hai, usse bhai ne ab Goenka's ke under ke le liya hai, toh ab se uss ashram ki saari jimmedari hamare parivaar ki hai.

Everyone was surprised. Naira looked at kartik in shock.

Vishambhar :- arey wah, kartik beta ye toh tumne bahut acha kiya.

Rajshri :- haa beta. Bahut punya ka kaam kar rahe ho tum.

Kartik smiled. After everything was done. All went to the church for rehearsal dinner. In the church naira lost her earring and kartik helped her in finding it. After the rehearsal dinner everyone started to go home. The families insisted to kartik, mansi and luv kush to stay the night with them to which he agreed.