III

Three days had passed and it was almost time for the moon festival to start as all the packs prepared themselves for the auspicious occasion.

The moon temple was decorated beautifully with the moonflower, ipomoea alba along with the decorative lights covering the whole of Arthdal and the moon charms in the four regions. The north, south, east and west mainly to shield the land and guide the guardians spirits, to let them know that the land needs to be protected from harm and to keep the land alight and away from darkness.

It was needed since all the werewolves would be gathered around the moon temple for the festival.

•••🌕•••

Snow Moon Pack

"It's finally starting tomorrow. Do you think we'll be able to see the moon goddess?" Arthit asked his mate as they watched their pup play happily with his toys on the bed.

"I don't know love, but if you wish to see her then call her with a pure heart and I guess you'll be able to see her." Kongpob told his mate as he caressed his hair lovingly.

"Then I cannot wait for the moon festival to start." Arthit exclaimed in excitement and his mate laughed looking at him being adorable.

The Moon Festival

The next evening, all the pack members from the four different packs, gathered in front of the moon temple as their Alphas, their Luna initiated the start of the festival when the moon shone blue and the stars aligned together.

"We thank the moon goddess for guiding us, her children and for always protecting us from harm and we, the alphas of the north south east and west stand here and pledge to protect the land, our home and our people. May the moon goddess guide us always." All the four alphas said in unison making everyone roar and cheer our loud.

The moon festival started and everyone took part in the celebration, enjoying themselves and the Alphas from other small packs too, mingled with the four mighty Alphas. All of them were busy dancing, singing and paying tribute to the moon for giving them their lives.

The Lunas were enjoying themselves as well until their sons decided that they needed a nap as they were tired of being awake for such a long time so, the three Lunas made way inside one of the chambers of the moon temple and laid their pups down next to one another.

As they were about to leave the room, their steps were halted as they noticed the room illuminating and the light almost blinding their eyes. They immediately covered their eyes and took a few seconds to adjust their eyesight and focus on the glowing orb, floating in the middle of the room.

The three looked at each other in shock as to verify that what they were seeing was real and when they noticed the orb moving, they decided to follow it. They left the room after locking it and making their betas guard the door as they chased the light.

"Where did it go?" Beam asked looking around in confusion.

"There it is. It's going past the crowd. Can't they see it?" Arthit asked in disbelief as he saw no one noticing it, not even their mates.

"Let's follow that. Be careful." Kit said as they discreetly passed through the crowd without being noticed by their mates.

Meanwhile

Kao was leaning against the wall of the moon temple waiting for his friends to join him, when he saw a glowing orb floating past through the crowd and was shocked to see no one noticing it.

When he decided to follow it, he saw his friends chasing behind the orb and felt glad that he wasn't the only one. When he turned around to join his friends, he couldn't find his way to them as be was suddenly surrounded by a white mist, blocking all of his vision making him hard to be aware of his surroundings but he still decided to walk into it.