Good to Bad Nico

{Nico's POV}

Krriiiing  kriiiing

Graaaaaahh! This little peace of ****...

I tapped, no scratch that, I hit the alarm using my fist. Darn, I hate mornings. Knowing that I need to wake up as early as 7:00 am gives me headache.

I took the pillow and put it on my face. The sunshine is so bright and I hate it.

Maybe, 5 minutes more? I still feel sleepy.

I hugged my other pillow and successfully went back to the dream land.

(30 minutes later)

"Hijaaaaaaa!!!

What kind of student are you? It's already late! Heck are you thinking?! You're almost a graduating student yet you don't even care about the time!," My grandma barged in.

It's quite cold in my room but I feel like my blood is boiling.

"Tss. Lolaaa", I whispered a bit cause I don't want my morning to start like this.

She tried to make my room brighter by sliding the curtains on each side of the window. The sunshine cleaned the dark areas in my room, except my mood.

"If your consistent in getting a tardy attendance in class, it's a sure dropout you'll get! It's already March and you haven't thought about your OJT?! My goodness! You should think about your future now, Hija!?", Grandma continues on breaking the silence I was enjoying before she came in.

"Noooo... I want to sleep moreeee! Get out, oldie!" I reprimanded.

"No, I'm not going unless you get your body off that bed and start moving! I'm not like your mommy who will let you do things on your--"

"She's not my real mom, never will be. I'll take a shower now, so please leave." I firmly told her. I don't want her to see me in my worst. I want to show how strong I've become.

"Go to the dining room after. There's something we need to talk about.", Grandma went outside.

My grandma was never like that before. She's cheerful and a woman of wisdom. She never failed to make me feel loved.

Maybe, I was different in the past too.
Maybe, I was the one who changed that's why she acts like that.

I went to the bathroom and filled the tub with water. I just need to meditate a bit. Relieve my stress. I'm so cramped with different emotions. Emotions that I don't want to feel and the ones I never thought I could feel.

I sat in the bathtub... Splashed my face with water. The little drops started to get bigger. My eyes... Tears start to fall down.

No one can see.

Flashback came rushing again...

10 years ago, I was described as the light of our house. Enthusiastic and very idealistic. They could feel the warmness of my energy.

My Dad,

My Grandpa,

And my beloved late mom.

One accident in the past changed everything about me.

I was in coma after the accident for  2 years. The time I woke up, everything is different. My friends visited me not so often anymore. They were in a different grade with new set of friends. I felt left out.

The rehabilitation center was my home for another year. My grandma was there, taking care of me. She said that once I finish the rehab, I could meet my mom. I haven't seen her since the accident. They told me that she was in a coma, like I did. And she's doing her exercises in a different rehabilitation center.
That was my motivation. I wanted to see my mom eagerly so I did great and recovered earlier.
Then, we went somewhere. Every footstep stings.

I wanted to meet my mom.

And, I did.

I met her in her grave.

I came home that same day I went to the cemetery.The house did not change that much and I was welcomed by two couple.

My dad and a lady...

"Nico, this is your new mom"

Words that broke my heart into millions of peaces

I wish I just died just like my mom.

Dad looks so happy. Why was it so easy for him to let go? Why is he embracing another woman? Why did he remarry? Why?

*End of flashback*

After taking a shower, I dressed up with my uniform and ready to go.

I went down the stair, looking like a b*tch with my attire. Fitted clothes and short skirt. I'm a third year university student and we're free to wear whatever we want in the campus. Just a little flirt with the guards and I can go in the school instantly.

I'm back to the troublemaker mode.

I saw my grandma at the dining area. I went there and sat on a chair in front of her.

"So, what's the deal?", I started. Grabbed my sandwich and munched.

Grandma looked at me disappointed. It's like a different Nico she's seen in decades. Well, I'm starving for that kind of look in her face.

Disappointment. The way she disappointed me.

She looked at me and said, "I heard what happened last night. You talked back against your mom again."

"Not my-",

"Shut up, Nico! She's your mom now whether you like it or not! Apologize!"

My step mom was on the side. And tried to talk peacefully, "Ma, let's not force Nico. I'm okay."

I scoffed. She really wants to be good woman in this house.

"Don't wanna. Is that all you want to say? I'll leave then, malate pa ako sa school." I told her with a poker face.

"Eva, you should not tolerate this attitude! And you Nico, hindi pa tayo tapos! I'm going to take you in the province after your school ceremony. We'll be staying there for summer. Your things are already set! No buts!" She ended the conversation.

"As if I can go against that, you oldie!"

Furious, I went of to school. Made the boys go crazy with my looks. They talked to me like I'm a star.

I Did a lot of mischief activities on that day.

I came home and went straight to bed. Remembering what grandma said this morning.

Province, eh?
Maybe, I can have fun in a savage way there.

Wherever that place is, the queen is coming.

------

Shooot! Another reader added this story to her list. Thank you!

The story is a bit off.. hoping you guys enjoyed this.