County Girl

It's the most important night of my life. I looked at the mirror again and checked out if there's something wrong on how I look.

Light make up? Check!

Cute dress? Check!

Not so high heels? Check!

Do I smell good?
Hmmm... Big check!

"Anak, you already look beautiful! Let's go, your date is waiting for you outside", mom held my shoulders while we were both looking at the mirror.

I chuckled,"of course, it is because Idon't want to disappoint my date tonightand I want to look as beautiful as my mama is."

Breathe in, breathe out.

Okay. Here I go.

I took my time walking down the stairs.

Little by little. Feeling nervous and excited.

This is my first dance. My first ever festival night. Hoping that this first time is going to be the most memorable in my life.

One more step

Wait, it's a bit slippery!!

Oh myyyy!

I don't want this kind of beginning!!!

And before I knew,

someone already saved me.

I was grabbed by my waist.

"Open your beautiful eyes, darling. Your safe“, he whispered.

Is this a dream? It's so good to be true if this is one!

I slowly opened my eyes and the only thing I see? Him looking at me dearly. Hugging me by my waist and my arms on his shoulder.

Dug dug dug*

My heart is beating like it just ran in a marathon.

We are too close.

And getting closer.

And closer.

Like our face is an inch away...

Less than an inch

And he---

"hoy! ANGEL MONTELLANO! WHAT ARE YOU IMAGINING? HOW MANY TIMES SHOULD WE CALL YOU?!"shouted my friend after she hit me on the shoulder.

*Blinks*

Wait? Whaaaaaat????

"WAAAAAAAH! WHY? WHY OF ALL TIME! I WAS ALMOST THERE!", I feel so frustrated that my day dream did not end at the exact moment.

"almost where? Are you traveling in your dream or what? You know what? Forget it! Forget your stupid day dream! We are here to brainstorm about the upcoming festival. Any insight, chairwoman?"it was so easy for him to change the topic.

Right. We're here to discuss about the festival. As one of the teen leaders in our community, we have to come up with one or two activities which will be held next week.

Let me introduce my team

Lisa (the one who hit me), is the vice chair.
Grail (the one who called me “chairwoman"), my secretary
Okay, done!

Haaays. I'll just give up on the kiss or maybe I can day dream about it later or...

Ahaaaa!!!

" I got one, Lisa! Why don't we have a dance for all? Like a prom they do in school? You see, even teens, adults or seniors can attend that. They must have missed attending one.“ I'm so eager to tell them my idea.

They were looking at me like clueless people.

"Okay, listen first. The last time our place had that ball was 20 years ago? Due to some political issues, they weren't able to bring it back. Now that we are changing the society we are living in, why don't we start with something special? Besides, this is our very first task", I told them and smiled.

"I'm getting it now! Alright, let's do it!" Lisa gave me a high five.

Finally, I can make my dream come true!

“well, How about the expense?" Grail asked.

"Don't worry, Grail! We can look for sponsors. Which, I already have in mind" replied a grinning Lisa.

Errr... Here we go.
Her family is one of the richest here.
Actually, her grandma. They own  a couple of land hectares and rice fields.

And with a happy heart

"okaaaaay! Team, we'll start moving. Grail, go ask for some people for help and calculate how much we need. Gotta keep a good liquidation for this. While you, Lisa--

" Sorry bes, I might skip today. I'll pick up my relatives from the metro later. But don't yah worry! I'll strengthen our man power. My cousins could help us out." she started packing her things, ready to leave.

"Oh, you remember that one? The person who sent you a friend request? "

"who?" I'm kinda confused

"The one who added you on FB. She's coming here"

"She?"

"Yeah, Jayden. She's coming here"

dug dug dug dug

Why did my heart beat faster?
-+--+

Waaaah! Sorry, the update took so looong.
Hard to do multi-tasking. Work and write.
How are you guys? :)