Part 9: What a gentleman

Corbyn's p.o.v:  

I start the car and begin driving, I don't put the radio on though because the girls are both getting quite quiet in the back and I have a feeling they're falling asleep so we drive in silence to Emma's house which is just down the street from Lexi's.

I pull up to her house and turn off my headlights, I park the car, open my door and get out. I walk over and open the back door, as I expected they were both on the verge of completely falling asleep.

"Emma, we're here." I whisper softly and she looks at me bewildered at first but then it seems like she remembers and gets out. "Stay in the car Lexi, I'll be back soon."

She nods her head and I close the door softly. Luckily Emma was already holding her phone so I didn't need to worry about that. Then Emma and I sneak over to her backyard and through her patio door. I make sure to be extra quiet while opening and closing doors and I make sure to watch out for the possibility of Emma hitting something over. Luckily she didn't and we made it to the last door on the left of the hallway, which she earlier described as her room. I open the door and bring her in, I then lay her on her bed and she instantly falls asleep. I take off her shoes, pull the cover over her and leave the room. I silently walk back out to the backyard and make my way back to the car. 

I get in and I make sure that I've left the property before I put my headlights back on so that I don't wake anyone up. Still in complete silence I drive up the street and look out for Lexi's house. I find it and then I steer the car up her driveway. Once I've parked, I grab my phone and wallet and put them in my pockets. Then I get out of the car and walk back over to the back door for round 2 of getting girls home safe. Unlike last time, Lexi is now fully knocked out and she definitely wouldn't be able to get inside by walking. So I decide to do the only logical thing there is. I'll carry her inside. Luckily her phone was on the side closest to me so I was able to put it in my pocket and not have it fall and break.

I pull Lexi out of the car, gently as I possible can, and pick her up in my arms. I make sure she is decent and covered everywhere before I close the door and carry her inside.

"Oi. Put me down, you're not going to take advantage of me." Lexi tries to articulate but the drunkness turning into a hangover muffled her speech, plus being half asleep I could barely understand her.

"I'm not taking advantage of you, it's me, Corbyn. I'm getting you to your bed safely." I reassure her.

"Oh ok." She replies and snuggles her head into my chest, I smile down at her and continue carrying her up the stairs. When we finally get to her room, I quietly open the door and walk inside. I open her sheets and softly place her in the bed. I make sure to take off her heels as well and I pull her comforter along with blanket over her body and she immediately grabs hold of them and pulls them up close to her face. She's always done that, she can never sleep without her blanket cuddled up to her cheek. I then take her phone out of my pocket, I plug in the charger and put it on her night stand.

I smile at her one last time and turn around to leave the room when I'm stopped by a hand grasping my arm. I turn back around and I see Lexi's eyes half open.

"Thank you for taking care of us tonight." She whispers and smiles.

"Anytime." I smile back and she let's go of my arm. "Goodnight shorty."

"Goodnight bone boy." 

She then instantly knocks out again and I leave the room. I walk into the next room and flop on the bed as soon I get in. I quickly send Christina a text and chuck my phone on charge. I then get in bed, jeans and all because I'm way too tired to care at this point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~