Part 17: Adventures

Lexi's p.o.v:

When I get down stairs I find both my parents sitting at the dining table, both looking like they are waiting on news from a doctor that could potentially be fatal. They both simultaneously jump up as soon as they see me and run closer to me.

"What happened?" My mum immediately asks, with a kinda quite voice, probably so that Corbyn doesn't hear her.

"Is he ok?" My dad adds with the same level of concern and quietness in his voice.

I shake my head and their faces drop, "It's not my place to say, but it's pretty bad and I think it'll take the rest of the 5 days he's staying here to recover."

"If he wants to cancel his booking and stay here, please tell him he is more than welcome to." My mum says and I already knew she was going to because he is literally like their son, as shown by their reactions.

"I'll tell him. Is it ok if I take us some breakfast up?" I ask, still wanting to make sure just in case they aren't ok with it. Which I doubt but it's always good to be safe.

"Yes, oh yes, go ahead. You can take anything he needs up to his room, and he doesn't need to leave until he feels like it." My dad replies with 100% certainty.

"Take him some lucky charms, it has always worked cheering both of you up." My mum continues.

"There's exactly what I thought." I smile at my parents and hurriedly get everything I need, because I told him I wouldn't be long. I speed walk up the stairs with the milk, the cereal box, two bowls and two spoons. I get to his room and he is laying on his bed, face down. He is probably reflecting, which isn't always a good thing after a breakup. So I grab his attention and he sits up. When he sees me again he smiles and so do I, it's nice to see that smile on his face again. I'm going to do everything in my power to keep it there.

We eat our breakfast and for the rest of the day, we just lay in bed watching a whole bunch of movies and we even started Criminal Minds. It was a good relaxing day and the Netflix was a great distraction.

"All I'm saying is I would literally marry Reid within two seconds if I could."

"Lex he is probably like 40 years old, that's insane. He is like double your age."

"Ok first of all, Mathew Gray Gubler might be 40 years old currently. But in season 1 Reid is still in his twenties, so there's nothing against it."

"What about maybe the fact that he is a literal fictional character. He isn't real. Oh and maybe you're literally taken."

".....ok....b-"

"No no no, this is where you say..."

"Touché." We say simultaneously while he laughs at me.

I sigh and we continue watching.

While the next episode plays on the screen, I keep glancing over at Corbyn and I keep noticing that every now and then he'd stare at the corner of the laptop. He is probably over thinking about his break up, which is understandable. Losing someone is never fun and finding out they cheated is even worse. But I'm still going to try and cheer him up. He is my best friend, my twin flame, he is my right hand, I'll do anything to make him happy.

"Corbyn, what's wrong?"

He snaps out of his gaze and looks down at me with a very fake smile, "Oh nothing. I'm fine."

"Corbyn, I've known you for my whole life. I can see when you're lying to me, I know you better than I know myself. Talk to me."

"I- I just can't shake the feeling that it was my fault."

I pause the Criminal Minds and turn to look at him face to face again, "Corbyn, this wasn't your fault. You have been nothing but loving and caring towards her. Believe me I've seen it, you were an amazing boyfriend and this isn't on you."

"I know....bu-"

"No, I won't let you speak badly about yourself. You are amazing and I won't hear anything other than that. It's ok to be sad and it's ok to miss her, but it's not ok to put the blame on yourself." I pause for a second and take a breath, "No, you know what, we're going to taco bell."

"Lexi, it's almost 1am."

Oh shit, I look down at the time on Corbyn's laptop, and he's right, it is almost 1am.

"I don't care. My best friend is not happy. So I'm going to change that." I smile at him and get out of the bed, when I expect him to follow me he doesn't. "Uhem, do you want me to drag you out?"

He gives me a blank stare and I take that as a yes. I grab his right arm and literally pull him out of the bed. Unfortunately I end up pulling so hard that I fall backwards and Corbyn comes flying out the bed, landing on top of me. There was a moment of silence where he looks down at me and I can feel his breath circle my face, until we both smile and start laughing. It's good to hear his laugh again but it is the middle of the night and my parents wouldn't be so happy if we woke them up.

"Shhhh." I cover his lips with my finger, trying my best not to laugh as well but he just can't stop himself. I push him off of me and I open my hand to cover his mouth fully. Instead of stopping his laughter, he licks my hand and I pull it away so fast that he starts laughing again, making me laugh as well.

"S-stop," I try and get in between the laughs, "really Corbyn my parents are asleep." I continue trying to control my laughter and luckily this time Corbyn does as well. "If we're going to sneak out we need to be quite."

"Yes ma'am." He jokingly salutes me and I just punch his arm, shaking my head and playfully rolling my eyes.

"Ok, now get a jacket because it's gonna be cold, and I'll get on from my room."

"No, just take one of mine."

"Yeah ok."

We pull out two of Corbyn's hoodies and he puts one on and I pull the other over my body, his scent still lingering in the fabric. I can't help but smile at the familiarity and the comfort this brings me.

"Ok, now the windows in our two rooms both open over the garage. We can't use the stairs because they are too creaky and they'll wake my parents up, if the laughter hasn't already. We'll need to slowly open the window so that it doesn't break, and then we can slide down and hop on the garage. We need to be as quite as possible though, because the neighbours have noise and motion sensing alarms next door so that could rat us out. Luckily the roof is made of concrete tile so it shouldn't make too much noise as long as we don't jump too hard."

"Wow I feel like you know a bit too much about this."

"What can I say, I speak from experience." I flash Corbyn a sly smile and walk over to the window, slowly opening it with just enough force to not shatter the glass.

Once the window is open wide enough for our bodies to pass through without hurting ourselves, I turn around to signal to Corbyn that it's time to go. He blatantly stares at me with a completely shocked facial expression. I simply smirk at him and slip through the window. When I'm on the roof Corbyn slips through as well and I take hold of his hand to help him down. He steps down and then I go to step behind me but then I realise there is nothing there and just before I go tumbling down Corbyn pulls on my hand that he is still holding and I fall onto him instead of the floor. We land against the wall of his room, him against it and me on top of him. I look into his blue eyes and I push myself off of him.

"Thanks for catching me."

"Anytime."

We smile at each other and continue on our adventure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~