Chapter 1

Even though that moment of nothingness only lasts a few seconds it feels like a lifetime. It's unfair to be upset when it's over and I wake up to beeping machines and nurses.

Or an upset mother...

As I became aware of my surroundings I caught sight of my mother sitting in an armchair next to me.... thankfully asleep.

The only thing that was bothering me was the fucking ant walking on my food tray. Besides that everything was perfectly fine.

Until of course...

"Rue, are you up Baby?" Came from my mother's mouth.

I looked at her and smiled a forced smile. We all know that this will end up with her leaving the hospital upset.

So I asked the only thing that my mind could handle right now.

"Mom where's Gia?"

"She slept over at Lexi's, she was too scared to sleep alone"

Three hours later

The nurse came in and led my mom outside to talk. I was going home today but what would they want to talk to my mom about right before I leave to go home?

Watching through the glass window I really fucking hoped that it's not what I thought it was because it'll only make my life that much more miserable to live.

The conversation ended with my mom thanking the nurse. My mom stood quietly at the door waiting for me to gather my things so that we could leave to go home.

I fell asleep in the car.

"Rue, wake up baby we're here"

I shivered slightly at the feeling of my mother's cold fingers and opened my eyes to see a big white building. There was something else about it... Oh right... It was very fucking familiar.

Holy fucking shit. Rehab.