Chapter 4// Number

Michaels POV:

We make our way up to the music store and We haven't really said one word yet to one another.
We walk inside the store and he heads straight to the corner with the CDs. I follow him and he starts searching through the music. He grabs the foo fighters new album sonic highway and he kinda jumps in excitement.

"I see you like the foo fighters yeah?" I say after minutes of silence between us. "I guess we have the same taste in music."
"You like the Foo Fighters?" He questions.
"Are you kidding?! I love them!" I mention.
He glances at me with a small smile as I start to search through the CDs myself. I picked up a few CDs before I tug on Lukes sleeve, he flinches away looking at me in the eyes.
"Y-yes michael?" He says in a weird tone.
I glance at his arm while he holds in with his left hand.
"Oh I was just gonna ask if you wanna go look at the guitars.."
"Oh, uh yea sure.. You play guitar?" He asks.
"Yea but I'm not that good." I tell him.
"Me neither but I bet your great. You should show me sometime." He smirks.
"Sounds like a plan." I say with a smile glancing over to him.
We get to the guitars and they are all separated by electric to acoustic. I head over to the electric first because I'm in desperate need of a new one..
Luke follows and we look at all the guitars hanging up on the wall.
"Hey Luke! Look at this guitar!" I tell him pointing to the black guitar with two white x's on it.
He walks over to this other guitar that was white and black.
Sooner or later we walk out of the music store.
"Hey I had fun with you today, we should do it again sometime.." I tell him with a smile.
He nods his head in agreement and starts to walk off in another direction.
"Hey Luke! I can give you a ride home if you want. I don't mind."
He looks back at me, "I don't know, I just live a few blocks away." He says.
"Well it's dark out anyway and I don't mind."
He smiles and he gives me an "okay". We get in my car and I take him home, and once we reach his house he opens the car door.
"Thank you Michael. I had fun today." He smiles.
"Hey! D-do you think I-I can, um have your.. Number?" I ask him very slowly.
"Yea I guess. Here, give me your phone." He says while handing me his.
I put my number in his contacts as he does the same with mine, and we exchange phones again.
"Talk to you later?" I yell and he walks towards his front door.
"Yea." He looks at me and smiles as he returns to walking to his door.

---------------------------------

Lukes POV:

I wake up to silence, like usual..
But then I remind myself that I have Michael's number..
Michaels number, what does that mean? Are we friends? Is he just trying to be nice?
I don't know, all I know is that I'm head over heals for this boy and just thinking about him makes me blush. I don't know why I getting myself Into this boy anyway. He probably Doesn't even like me that way. Why would he? I'm disgusting.. I walk in my room and i lift up my sleeve. I have these revolting lines up and down my arm.. I open my drawer and I pull out my blade and I add a few more to my arm. I don't know why I do this. Scratch that, I lied. I know exactly why I do this. I hate myself. I hate everything about me. A few tears roll down my cheek and I roughly wipe them away on my shoulder. I clean up my mess and I throw myself on my bed and I let the tears flow out of my eyes.
A few hours later I look at my phone and I stare at his name. Should I text him first. No that would be weird.. Anyway he could be busy at the moment anyway.. I wait a little longer still staring at his contact letting my mind run free. I finally give in and I text him a simple, "hi"