Beside You

CHAPTER 13

[Week 6]

It was almost sunset and Hyuga was just done with his afternoon tea. Ukyo already took the boys to their club to stay for the night. The leader, who learned to trust Arisa day by day doesn't usually stay at home anymore, during the night. Since the rate of club fights increased once again this month, Hyuga has to be there to look after his people.

But tonight he's having a gut feeling that he needed to stay behind. And he hates that certain feeling because he couldn't think of a reason why would he feel that way.

"Hyuga," Sakyo called.

Hyuga turned his head slightly towards the sound, then he looked up and saw Sakyo.

"I'll go now," the former informed him.

Hyuga neither replied nor did he nod his head. Since the statement wasn't really asking for permission.

As soon as Sakyo opened the door, he saw Arisa about to open it from outside. They were both surprised but the girl only apologized quietly. Sakyo made way for her to get inside before he left the house completely. At the shut of the door, Arisa went for the bedroom, not even sparing Hyuga a glance.

The older man noticed it and his gut feeling came back, stronger. He placed his pipe down before he stood up and made his way to the bedroom as well.

Inside, Arisa is sat on her side of the futon. She's been quiet since daybreak came today. She would admit, her mind is clouded with so many thoughts. At one point for the last 6 weeks in Daruma Ikka, she's been feeling guilty for doing her job. She's spying on them while they somehow, trust her.

Hyuga is another case. Unlike what Diddy told her before, she's actually falling for him now. That is because she's learned so much about him already, his weaknesses and strength. And odd to say but, she belongs to both.

"Arisa," Hyuga calls lowly.

Waking up from her train of thoughts, Arisa turned her head a little and looked at Hyuga through the top of her shoulder.

"What's wrong?" he asks. He is rather confused than concerned and she heard it from his tone.

"Nothing."

The simple answer wasn't accepted by Hyuga easily. He took a step forward, halting immediately when Arisa spoke.

"Is it wrong.." she says, then she looks at the window on her other side. "To trust someone who lies to you?"

The question wasn't a simple one. It was even suspicious to say after all Arisa was once an enemy of theirs.

But Hyuga didn't take it too seriously, making him reply, "Depending on how much lies she tells me, compared to the truth I know."

Silence overcame the room. It was so quiet that only the sound of the night can be heard all around. Hyuga stared at Arisa's back, noticing that she's not moving but breathing. His intuition speaks to him that there is something going on and so he resumed walking towards her. When he finally arrived behind her, he knelt down.

"Have you lied to me?" he asks.

Arisa slowly turned around to face Hyuga. The room was dim in light since there were only 4 candles lit, 1 on each corner. Most of the door panels are also closed.

Answering the previous question, Arisa swallowed a lump on her throat. "Do you trust me?"

Hyuga was taken aback by the question but he managed to not show it. Instead, he took a stand and looked down at Arisa, who in return looked up at him.