I Can Be Your Hero

CHAPTER 29

Scarlet arrived in the same house where she's been to last week. Seiji -putting his trust in her- willingly gave a copy of his house keys just so whenever she would feel like she wanted a place to stay, she could stay there.

Since it's just around 5 o'clock in the afternoon, Scarlet decided to wait for her lover. She knows that it won't take him that long since he'll be home very soon too. But, instead of wasting the time sitting down, Scarlet decided to raid his bedroom.

Although she knows that it is somehow an invasion of privacy, she brushed the thought away. After all, she would only check some of his common stuff. One example is his clothes. Cliché may it seem, Scarlet has never really tried to wear a man's clothes before. But she sure did see other girls do that on social media.

"So, you like dark clothes?" Scarlet whispered to herself as she goes through almost all of Seiji's clothes in his closet. 

And one of his clothes caught her attention. It was a gray baggy sweater and it was so pretty for her eyes. Then a thought runs in her mind. "Maybe I can try it on."

She smiled at that thought before grabbing the sweater and going inside the bathroom. It took her a few minutes before she was finished dressing up. She was satisfied with what she looks like in the sweater, mostly since it ends above her knees and it was very oversized in a comforting way.

"I love this." Scarlet smiled ear-to-ear before she twirled around to try and see how she would look like wearing it.

Then she heard her phone chime, catching her attention. She took her phone and checked on it, to see that it's Seiji checking up on her.

From: Seiji

"Are you home?"

Before she answered the message, she decided to get out of the bathroom. To her surprise, she saw Seiji taking his necktie off of his neck.

"Seiji?" she asked, looking like she's seen a ghost.

"Akane," he answers, before eyeing her from top to bottom. In the back of his mind, he's a little surprised not just to see her inside of his room but also in his sweater.

Since he's been staring at her for too long, Scarlet decided to break the awkwardness by clutching the lining of the sweater. Then she turned to her side to cover the light blush creeping up on her cheeks. Hopefully, it caught Seiji's attention so he let out a smile before walking towards Scarlet.

"Don't be shy. I like it," he complimented, "it fits you very well."

"Thank you," Scarlet shyly said, smiling back at Seiji.

"You can have it if you want to," Seiji added, before resuming to unbutton the wrist of his long sleeve. "I don't use that one very much so.. I'll be happy to give it to you."

"Really?" Scarlet asked, her eyes slightly big like a puppy's showing credulity.

For a reason, Seiji found it very cute to the extent that he ignored his clothes and went to sit down on the edge of the bed. Then he gestured for Scarlet to come closer to him, making her stand in between his legs while his hands hold both sides of her waist.

"You do know that you're my girlfriend, right?" he asked, looking up at her.

The female bit her lower lips before nodding at her lover. Oddly, her strong character as a samurai slowly diminishes whenever Seiji is around. She doesn't know why as well but she sure knows that being in love with him has to do something about it.

"And since you are my girlfriend, you can borrow anything from my belongings," Seiji declared, looking around the bedroom to find some things he can use as an example. "Like that hairbrush or that hand mirror, or.. this pillow."