» ants

"Hey. Are you awake?"

"Yeah, that's why I'm saying these words."

"I wish you could see my eyes roll...so I sent you a video of me rolling my eyes."

"Seriously?"

"Did you get it?"

"Yes."

"Okay, that's what happened a few seconds ago."

"Check your phone."

RECEIVED: January 17th, 2015 at 12:23 AM.

I hope you like pictures of people doing facepalms.

Attachment: facepalmingatyou.jpeg

A chuckle escaped my lips as my mind took in the colors and images radiating from the screen, which had captured your annoyance with one click.

"My eyes are screaming to be closed, my body is aching to fall into bed and repair itself by any damage done throughout the day but.."

"Your mind is not letting you? It's suffocating your dreams in a glass jar, and throwing that jar in an open ocean? Then screaming at you to go swim after something that just sunk?"

"Yeah. Can you tell me something philosophically beautiful?"

"Like what?"

"Anything. Your words are like my own supernova, sucking any thoughts straight out of my mind and letting it go to ease."

"Did you know that ants can carry one hundred times more than their weight? And they do it, over and over again, just so that they take another breath. They crush their bodies and endure it all and continue. Humans should try to be like ants, sometimes. We should learn from them to carry our burdens. To let them pile up on our shoulders, and with our hunched backs, endure. Endure the trouble, the worries, the stress, and outweigh them with our search for happiness. Because, like ants, we're surrounded by thousands, millions, and even billions, of people who are other ants with their own set of heavy-packed emotions and shaky voices. We should understand the trouble people go through and not tease them for it. We shouldn't laugh at someone who has less fancy clothing when they are going to work right after school and doing extra shifts just so they can make it through the night. We shouldn't assume how other people's lives rotate; we shouldn't assume that someone has it 'easier.' I wish...I wish we would just stop, look up from being crunched up, and see the heavy packs on our backs. On everyone's backs. And then we can know, to never ever assume, as it will only spin around and give you a headache."

Silence.

"Hey, you there?"

Silence.

"Good night, little ant."