chase

the cat laid down a flawless plan, now it starts setting up the trap. the impatient creature doesn't like waiting for its prey.
____________________________________________

"why was i summoned?" i asked the members seated in front of me as i entered the conference room.

i proceeded to mirror them, seating myself in the center visible to everyone in the room.

"it's the kids from u.a. with the hardening and explosion quirks, who are interning in your agency. they were using their quirks unauthorised, again."

"are they for real right now?!" i screamed internally. on the outside, i managed to remain calm.

"i'll make sure there isn't any such inconvenience again." i mentally slapped myself while apologising to the hero public safety commission.

i usually try not to be a bitch in front of the commission, being like that cocky bastard hawks everywhere isn't really appropriate.

after i returned to my agency, i asked my assistant to signal bakugou and red riot to return from patrolling.

these kids give me a headache almost every goddamn week. no matter how many times i ask them not to use their quirks while patrolling, they manage to not listen to me every time.

hell yeah, they have great potential. i believe in them, that they'll be great heroes. but they have so much left to learn.

"why did we have to come back so early, frenzy? this ain't fun at all-" kirishima said as he entered my cabin, bakugou following behind.

"red riot and bakugou, please sit down."

they did as i said.

"how many times do i have to tell you to not use your quirks unless it's necessary? why do i have to apologise to the commission every single week?"

kirishima lowered his head while bakugou still had that mean smirk of his plastered on his face.

"i don't think any of you want to cause any inconvenience or harm to anyone, even by accident. i need you to reflect on your actions. if you continue this behaviour, i'll have to take back my agreement to let you both intern here."

as much it hurts to say that, being strict is necessary sometimes.

kirishima had a regretting look on his face, even bakugou's smug look faded into a somewhat sorry one.

"guys, i'm not asking you to ditch having fun while doing crazy shit. but please, don't use your quirks, at least when in public for the sake of everyone's, and even your own safety. now cheer up, and go back to your dorms. it's pretty late."

"thanks frenzy, i'll make sure none of us use our quirks unauthorised again!" kirishima said while dragging a mean-looking bakugou out of my cabin.

"kids." i sighed.
____________________________________________

"dabi, when are the kids gonna be here? i'm so bored right now" toga pouted.

"look, they're here." twice said as he saw bakugou and kirishima walking down the street in front of them.

dabi was already stepping out of the corner. "i've been waiting to try out my new defensive move." he said.

seeing a villain, the u.a. students were startled. a few seconds later, they were ready to fight, bakugou already cussing the hell out of dabi.

dabi ignored him and created walls out of his blue flames, encasing bakugou and kirishima.

the extreme temperature and pressure created by the flames were enough to make the kids fall unconscious before they could attack.

"it's your turn, mr. compress." toga grinned while jumping out of the hidden corner.

mr. compress, well, compressed them into marbles.

"tomura will be pleased." toga said.

"as planned, we're leaving for the warehouse now. do you best, toga." twice said.
____________________________________________

i hope those u.a. kids don't get in trouble again. they looked like they understood my words.

the sun had just set. right as i was about to leave the agency, my assistant rushed in, panting and breathless.

"what happened?" i asked her.

"right after i left for home, i saw bakugou and red riot being surrounded by a wall of blue flames. i hid myself near and saw a bunch of people shoving both of them into a truck and going towards the south." she explained.

i didn't expect them to get in trouble right after they left. i've heard of those blue flames... right! it belongs to dabi. it was the league of villains.

"thank you for reporting all of that to me. don't worry, i'll look into it. please go home safely." i said as i rushed out the door, leaving my assistant alone in the cabin. i made a call to one of my friends for backup.

why target the kids from u.a.? didn't bakugou already decline their offer to join the league?

i looked up on my phone for the location of the trackers i put in bakugou and kirishima's clothes for safety reasons.

surprisingly, the trackers were still intact and the live location was visible. a warehouse near the outskirts of the city?

i texted the location to my friend and rushed my keys into the keyhole of my mobile to reach the location asap.
____________________________________________

"tomura, she just left for the warehouse. don't worry, that woman is still alive, i hid her well. i'll be back at the hideout." toga informed him as her disguise of the assistant started melting away, slowly revealing her bare, naked skin.
____________________________________________