1) A new beginning

Picture of Eris's outfit. (minus the blazer of course)
Enjoy the first official chapter!

————————————————
(Eris's pov)

I stirred in my sleep the sound of the animals and the sun seeping through my windows disturbing my peaceful aura, causing my eyes to slowly drift open to the sound of an owl screeching and chirping outside of my window, I groggily rubbed my eyes while blinking 100 times a minute hoping the world would stop spinning and focus. I laid there waking up for a few moments. I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep, unfortunately the bird outside had other plans. I sorely sat up in my four-poster bed sighing loudly as I looked through my window. Sitting on my windowsill perched a tired looking owl.

His brown feathers ruffled as he cawed loudly the screeching noises slightly stinging my ears. Cautiously glancing around I made sure there were no other birds before quickly opening my blinds and then pushing open the big window allowing the medium sized owl to come inside my room. He had a note in his talons and seemed quite pleased to be inside once again.

"Oh goodmorning," I said calmly to the kind bird who flew to my shoulder soundly. He nuzzled slightly into my hair as greeting. I used my finger to slowly pet him for a few moments more, sitting there serene still using my finger to scratch around his chin making the bird ruffle his feathers in delight. The smell of honey and geosmin was faintly wafted from the small oviparous.

He leisurely stood out his right talon which held an envelope and a piece of string sticking it to his leg.

I looked at the note a very confused expression was defiant on my face as the small one waited for me to take it. I took it of course, but who would write to me? I hadn't any friends and no other family I knew of. Interest sparked inside of me as my eyes skimmed the front of the barely damp parchment.

My soft, fair hands slowly unraveled the string from around his leg. Giving him some relief. With a gentle touch I brought the envelope in my lap but not before patting the beautiful Owl's feathered head once more.

I carefully glanced down at the envelope which held a Red stamp in the middle of it, there were letters on the red wax looking circle but I couldn't see what it spelt as I could only make out the a few letters. I looked more intently at it curiously before opening it, trying my hardest not to tear or rip any sort of it. For it looked quite beautiful and tearing it seemed like a crime that I would be ashamed to commit.

A note was held inside and I carefully picked it up. my fragile hands opening the folded piece of old parchment. It's ends were slightly crumpled, and the writing was just a smidge blotched but still easily readable.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
HEADMASTER DUMBLEDORE

To: Eris Cane
Cane Manor
Bristol, England

Dear Ms. Cane,
We are pleased to inform you have been accepted to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1st 1993. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva Mcgonagall
Deputy Headmistress

I gasped loudly as I reread the page multiple times over and over to make sure my eyesight wasn't fooling me. Excitement flowed through my veins as I once again reread it. I had been invited to Hogwarts, my dream school. Being forced to go to an American wizarding school with snobby girls who can't perform a simple brewing potion was terrible.

I had gone to IIvermorny for two years now and upon reading this letter I immediately knew I needed to go to Hogwarts. I lived in england already but my parents said that IIvermorny was safer even though I didn't know what they would want me to be safe from.