Chapter 1

“Breaking news! Another deadbody has been found. This time on the subways of Seoul. Police believe that the serial killer is on the move yet again as the killer’s trademark symbol was seen to be engraved on the chest of the male murdered.”

Taehyung sighed, feeling the need to turn off the television as his appetite was sucked away from his body. He groaned, placing his half finished sandwich on the table. He looked at the clock, now pointing towards seven and dragged his feet to get changed to a formal attire.

No! It’s not that he hates his job all the time. It’s because of the things he will need to face later today. Because he was pretty sure about what is waiting for him after watching the news.

Heading back to his room, he rummaged through his wardrobe and finally took out a loose white shirt and formal pants. Well, I guess this will be more than enough for today. He thought, slipping into his clothes.

He lived alone, with his parents now staying in Jeju. He doesn’t complain about it though. After all the things that happened.... living with his family seemed to put a suffocating weight on his chest. The fact that his family is now incomplete brings back memories tinted with pain. His brother.. Taehyung shook his head, dismissing the thoughts flooding his mind.

Reaching out his hand, he fetched his car keys from the stand and headed out of the house, locking the door on his way. He eyed the streets and felt relief wash over him as they were empty as usual. He was not the extroverted type and hated crowded spaces the most. Good thing he lived in a street like this.

Bending his body a little, he sat down on the driver’s seat of his car. A sigh escaped his lips, praying for something to happen and to prevent him from getting the case. But no, nothing is going to happen. He always ends up with the worst ones that even his superiors think that he might be jinxed.

He felt his phone vibrate with a messege notification. Instantly he smiled, seeing the messege was from his best friend.

Jimin
Tae? Where are you?

Taehyung typed a reply with a small smile plastered on his face.

Me
I’m on my way Jimin. I’ll be there in about 30 minutes.

Jimin
Alright, I’m waiting.

At last, feeling a positive stimulus to head to work, he turned the key and the engine responded as it roared to life.
.
.
.
.
.
.
“Hey!” Jimin’s face lit up, seeing Taehyung walk inside the building. “Saw the news?” Taehyung asked, standing beside Jimin, as they both observed the group of men gathered there.

“Yeah, not to be rude but I hate working overtime.” Jimin said, leading Taehyung to his office so that he could fetch his white coat.

“Doctor?” Taehyung and Jimin turned to be met by a familiar man, about six feet tall. Taehyung remembered his name after thinking for a while, Kim Namjoon. He understood the message and followed the man, heading out of his office into the hallway.

“The serial killer is on the move again” he said, despair mixed with his voice. “We saw the news officer.” Taehyung replied, nodding. “Let’s not waste any more time and proceed with the autopsy.”

He and Jimin covered themselves in plastic outfits and headed towards the room where the body was kept.

Wearing masks didn’t allow them to inhale the scent but just by seeing the body they felt nauseous.

Taehyung kept staring at the male, who was once living his life, now lying on the cold table with his skin dusted in blue. He was ready to write the report without even examining the body in front of him as he knew every single detail about the serial killer’s victims.

Being a forensic pathologist always required a stone cold heart so that he won’t break down. But the killer seemed to shatter his heart into pieces with every single murder even when he followed the same method of killing all the time.

“Tae” he turned to see Jimin watching him with meaningful eyes.

“I know Jimin. We have to examine this body too.” Taehyung said, stepping closer to the body.

The report was pretty quick as he knew where to look and what to not ignore. The symbol of the killer seemed to be cut into the skin of the dead male with a kitcken knife, when he was alive. Signs of resistance can be seen. Not too visible to the normal eyes but to the eyes of a forensic pathologist like him. The poor man was tortured alive and conscious.

Jimin stood there taking notes of everything Taehyung said as the body was cut open after the external examination.

The man’s front side had faced little damage compared to the other side. Bite marks and bruises were scattered at the regions of his neck, loin and inner thighs.

Red marks similar to those from usage of cuffs were seen on both wrists indicating bondage.

Sexual assault through the anus was confirmed as the walls of the rectum were heavily damaged and bruised. Bruises were seen on the region of buttocks too. Haemorrhages (blood clots) were noticed in the inner walls of the rectum. No traces of semen found.

The strange thing was that a red mark was seen on the base of the male’s penis. The mark seems to be highly similar to the one caused by a cockring.

The sample of blood had traces of low dosage of dope. Seems like the killer had a little sense of pity left, to remove some of the pain by giving him dope.

The most heartless injury was seen on the man’s eyes. The cornea of his eyes were completely removed. He has no idea if it was done with anaesthesia or with the man screaming. The eyes without light staring back at him was the only thing Taehyung was not used to. He knows he will never be.

After confirming that no internal organs were damaged, Taehyung instructed the workers to proceed with sutures to close the body.

Taking a deep breath, he closed the report with the cause of death being overdose of a drug and headed outside. All of his energy being drained. No matter how many times he saw this. He was always affected. It felt like he was meant to handle the autopsies of this serial killer’s victims.

“Mr. Jung?” Taehyung called out to another male, Namjoon’s assistant, as the man was nowhere to be seen.

“You can just call me Hoseok, considering all the times we met.” the officer smiled, walking towards Taehyung. Taehyung returned the smile saying “And the meetings were never pleasant, thanks to the killer.”

Hoseok nodded, noticing the report in Taehyung’s hand “Is that-” “Ah yeah” Taehyung realised he was holding onto it for too long. He handed it to the officer, bowing as an apology.

“Is it the same?” Hoseok asked, all the sunshine vibe around him fading.

“As it has always been” He replied, the image of the broken body refusing to leave his mind.

A/n

Hey everyone!

This story is going to filled with a lot of gore. If you feel so disturbed I suggest you to discontinue reading this story.

This will contain a lot of sensitive topics like rape and murder with angst. Please be free to stop reading this story. Mental health is more important.

And pls do drop your views as comments and vote so that I can know you are enjoying the story!

Purple you!!!💜💜💜