chapter 2

I open my eyes. It's Tewkesbury! My face turns red. "I'm sorry!" I say frantically shaking my hands. "I didn't see you!" Tewkesbury lifts my chin up and spots my tears. He pulls me into a tight hug. Butterflies erupt in my stomach. I buried my head into his chest. "It's alright, now, why were you crying?" He asked, his voice soft and gentle. I took a deep breath and said, "Eliza," I pull away from the hug. Tewkesbury stares at me in confusion, "you're going to have to elaborate," he joked, twirling my hair. "She told me to stay far away from you, or else." I blurted out. Rage filled Tewkesbury's eyes. "What!" He exclaimed. "Don't bring it up with her, she'll probably say something bad about me, again." I say, wiping my tears. "I'm not taking about Eliza! She would never do such a thing! Stop lying to me Enola," he shouted, hearing him say my name in that tone made me shiver. I didn't realize I had been holding my breath and started coughing violently. I fell back against the wall attempting to catch my breath. "The wedding is tomorrow, don't mess it up you filthy liar." He spat, turning on his heel and walking away. I brushed the dust off my night dress and began walking in the direction of my bedroom. When all of a sudden I felt a need to head to Eliza's room. Why wouldn't she want me near Tewkesbury, I had already told her I wasn't interested in him. Even though I'm in love with him. I told her I would never sabotage my best friend's wedding. Even after that she continued to threaten me, spread lies, and send me death threats. I was so sick of it. I decided to head to her room to befriend her and see what her true intentions are. Did she want the money? The title? To kill him? Make me angry? Kill me? My head hurt from all the possible answers. I began walking towards the west tower where Eliza slept. I knocked on the door three times to let her know I would be entering. She opened her door looking ready for the day. What on earth? It was two in the damn morning. Suspicious. "May I come in?" I asked.