chapter 10

The tears came flooding out. I opened my eyes. There they were, Lady Tewkesbury and Tewkesbury himself! I jumped out of the tree and ran to them. Hugging Tewkesbury first. "Tewkesbury!" I said happily. "Enola," he whispered back. All of a sudden I was laughing. I had missed him so much! More than Ildrid. Mostly because I had seen Ildrid last weekend. "Well I'll leave you two in peace," Lady Tewkesbury said. She curtsied and walked back to the house. Tewkesbury looked at me lovingly, "why did you leave? I've missed you so much," he said. "I had to, my brother was getting married. I never thought to write or come back, I hope you forgive me." I said, I wasn't lying. My brother WAS getting married, but I had thought of writing and returning. I guess I thought he was mad and would "banish" me or something. It was ridiculous, Tewkesbury wouldn't do that. I smiled at the thought. I also ran away because I thought my love for him would die and I wouldn't want to be with him like that. I came to regret my decision almost instantly. "How could I not?" He said, smiling. I forgot to mention, I'm getting married, although I don't want to, I thought my feelings would disappear once I did. I looked down at my finger where the ring sat. Tewkesbury following my gaze. His smile dropped. "To who?" He said sadly. "Il-" "Ildrid?" He interrupted. I nodded. "Oh," he threw something into the grass. "Meet me inside I have to grab something," I said. He nodded and walked away. I grabbed my bag and looked in the grass, a, wedding ring?! I'll have to write Ildrid. Once inside I pulled out my paper and quill.
    Dear Ildrid,
    I'm so sorry to say the wedding is off. You will always hold a place in my heart, but you aren't the one for me.
Much love,
Enola Holmes
I slipped the ring into the envelope and handed it to the postman. I ran back inside. "Enola wait!" Tewkesbury shouted. I turned around to look at him. He was quite handsome.  He had brownish black hair, and he had a strange sense of fashion. Even though I hated to admit it, I guess I still am in love with Viscount Tewkesbury Marquess of Basilweather, wether I like it or not.
| A/N: Hiiii! *Waves* I love y'all so much! I love to update because I know there aren't a lot of Holmesbury fics and for those of us who love the ship and practically live for this shit, I need to fulfill my purpose for y'all! Love you guys
-B 🌺 |