chapter 6

I awoke in the morning to find Tewkesbury gone. I shrugged it off, it was his wedding day after all.  I got out of bed, immediately falling down. I clutched my side. Ouch. The corset was going to be painful. I decided to get it over with a pulled the corset tight around my waist. Wincing in pain as I did so. I put on my black dress, lady Tewkesbury still knew me as the widow assistant to Sherlock Holmes. Sure she knew my name was Enola, and that I was related to him but she still thought I was a widow. I sighed. I put on my lipstick and blush. I looked in the mirror, I looked okay, nothing compared to Eliza. The scratch on my neck sticking out like a red crayon in an array of white ones. I slipped white heels on and headed downstairs. Limping the whole way. I had twisted my ankle while running away from Eliza. I stepped into the ball room where hundreds of people were dancing. I spotted a chair and sat down. A boy about my age began to walk in my direction. He bowed and outstretched his hand, "care to dance?" He asked. I blushed, he was very attractive. I nodded. Forgetting about my injuries. We began to waltz around the room. I was smiling. Then I was laughing. I was having so much fun. I came to know his name was Ildrid, and he was from Poland. We danced the night away. I only stopped when I saw Tewkesbury giving me a warning look from the top of the stairs. I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed. It was time for the ceremony. All the guests were instructed to head outside. That kind of set me off. Lady Tewkesbury had told me how improper it was to have an outside wedding, making the guests interact with the bugs. My guess was the bride insisted on it. Or, maybe she would be able kill more innocent souls out here. Either way I was going to keep an eye on her. Tewkesbury had begged Eliza to let me be her bridesmaid, so now I'm stuck standing next to her. Then it hit me, why did she have a knife in the first place? She new basil weather was practically the safest place in England. I ran to the alter where Tewkesbury was standing. I had fear in my eyes. Usually I wouldn't care if Tewkesbury was in danger but with my new profound love, I couldn't take it. "Tewkesbury!" I shouted. He looked at me strangely. "What?" He said rudely. This wasn't the Tewkesbury I knew and loved. "We have to get everyone out of here, now!" I said urgently. He quirked an eyebrow. "Eliza is going to try and kill you, she was the one stabbed m-" I then felt pain I had never felt before. I fell to the ground.