chapter 1

I was running down the hall. Trying to get away. Away from my feelings. I still couldn't process that I, Enola Holmes, was in love with Viscount Tewkesbury Marquess.of Basilweather. My blue night dress was flowing gracefully in the cold night air. My mouse brown hair blowing in my face. Although I felt like my lungs were going to explode, I couldn't help but smile. Me, in love with Tewkesbury. Who saw that coming? Only everyone at Basilweather. But, he is having an arranged marriage to Eliza Barnes, a noble woman from France. She was gorgeous. I had only seen her once, but she had the prettiest dirty blonde hair, a fierce look in her eyes, rosy cheeks, a curvy body, cherry red lips, and she was wearing a red Victorian style ball gown with silver heals. She was the perfect girl. Tewkesbury even came into my room and told me how wonderful she is, and how he can't wait to marry her. I only nodded. After hearing that, I felt so much uglier than Eliza. I had always thought of myself to be a fair looking woman, but seeing Eliza, I was far from fair. Tewkesbury had called me beautiful once. It was at a banquet his mother was hosting. That's where he met Eliza. Eliza was nice and all, but she absolutely hates me. Always saying how I was threatening her relationship with Tewkesbury, and how I need to stay far away from him. I start to cry. Tears rushing down my face. All of a sudden I run into something, or someone.